Ado Doguwa’s Name Removed From Reps-Elect List After Murder Allegations

The name of the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Ado Doguwa has been removed from the list of elected House of Representatives members by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Doguwa Reveals Why He Threatened To Deal With Nigerians If They Don't Vote For APC

INEC had weeks ago, announced Ado Doguwa as a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the winner of the February 25 election in the Doguwa/Tudunwada constituency.

Ado Doguwa polled 39,732 votes to defeat the candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), Yushau Salisu Abdullahi, who polled 34,798 votes.

Recall that Doguwa was arrested for his alleged involvement in the killing of several persons and burning of the Secretariat of New Nigeria People’s Party in the just concluded general election.

READ:  FG Approves Purchase Of 400 Rifles And Ammunitions, Worth N272m, For Prison Officers

Doguwa was on Wednesday remanded in prison custody by a chief magistrates’ court in Kano.

In the list of reps members released on Tuesday, it revealed Doguwa’s name was removed.

According to INEC, the declaration of Doguwa was made under “duress.”

In other news, Kanyi Daily reported that veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie on Tuesday, clocked 76 years of age.

To mark his birthday, Pete Edochie took to his official Instagram handle to reveal his greatest birthday desire from Nigerians.

READ:  Dino Melaye Mocks Oshimhole In New Song As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election [Video]

News1 day ago