Categories: News

Soludo Dismisses Eight Operatives Over Attack On NYSC Corp Member In Anambra

The Anambra State Government has sacked eight operatives of the Agunechemba Security outfit for brutally assaulting and stripping a female corps member, Jennifer Elobor, in public.

Governor Chukwuma Soludo’s Special Adviser on Community Security, Ken Emeakayi, announced the decision on Wednesday at the agency’s headquarters in Awka.

KanyiDaily recalls that the incident, which was captured in a viral video, showed the operatives attacking the corps member in a degrading manner, stripping her naked in the process

Emeakayi said the state government acted immediately after receiving reports of the assault and confirmed that the dismissed officers would be handed over to the police for prosecution.

He explained that the operatives were chasing suspected cultists on Tuesday when they descended on Elobor, an act he described as “totally outside the mandate of the agency and utterly condemnable.”

“The Soludo administration will not tolerate any form of unprofessionalism, brutality or abuse of office by security operatives. Any officer found guilty of misconduct will face immediate dismissal and prosecution,” Emeakayi said.

Although Elobor’s family and NYSC officials had appealed for a quiet settlement, the government insisted that a full investigation and prosecution must take place to ensure justice and deter future misconduct.

Emeakayi disclosed that the state had covered the victim’s medical expenses, replaced her damaged belongings, including a laptop and phone, and issued a public apology to her family, the NYSC, and the Nigerian public.

He added that the case would mark a turning point in reforming the Agunechemba Security outfit and in rebuilding trust in community policing.

This government is committed to professionalism, accountability and respect for human rights in all security engagements,” he stressed.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, did not respond to calls or messages seeking confirmation on whether the dismissed operatives had been handed over to the police.

KanyiDaily recalls that another video circulating on social media shows the moment a woman stripped naked inside a bank in Lagos to express her frustration over the scarcity of Naira notes.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Man Breaks Into Woman’s House, Steals 27 Pants For Ritual Purposes In Adamawa

A 27-year-old man, Muktar Shehu, has been arraigned for allegedly breaking into a woman’s home…

5 hours ago

Nigerian Businesswoman Bebe Jewelry Reportedly Dies During Business Trip To China

Nigerian businesswoman Blessing Orji, popularly known online as Bebe Jewelry or Bebe Orji, has reportedly…

5 hours ago

Jemima Osunde Confronts Driver Over Alleged One-Way Driving In Lagos [Video]

Nollywood actress Jemima Osunde has confronted a motorist she accused of driving against traffic in…

6 hours ago

Yekini Idiaye Elected As New Edo Assembly Speaker, Accuses Agbebaku Of Corruption

Yekini Idiaye, who represents Akoko-Edo Constituency I, has been elected Speaker of the Edo State…

6 hours ago

Edo Assembly Speaker Blessing Agbebaku Resigns Over ‘Impeachment Threat’

Blessing Agbebaku, the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, has resigned from his…

9 hours ago

EFCC Recovers $60m For Nestoil Lenders Amid Debt Investigation

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has recovered $60 million from Nigerian oil and…

11 hours ago