Connect with us

Entertainment

“We Don’t Want To See You Again” – Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video]

Published

on

The Senior Special Assistant to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo on Digital Media, Apostle Kassy Chukwu, said Afrobeats star Davido will not be allowed to perform in Edo State for the rest of the governor’s tenure.

"We Don’t Want To See You Again" - Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video]

Chukwu made the statement in a video shared on YouTube by Peniel TV International Benin City, Nigeria, on Thursday.

His comment came amid the ongoing disagreement between Davido and Governor Okpebholo.

The dispute began after Okpebholo criticised Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, who is Davido’s uncle, during the build-up to the August 15 governorship election in Osun State.

Davido slammed Okpebholo and posted what appeared to be the governor’s WAEC result on his Instagram Story.

READ:  Court Grants Bail To Ndume After He Was Imprisoned Over His Inability To Produce Maina

He subsequently defended the post during an interview and said he had no reason to apologise to the Edo governor.

Reacting to the singer’s position, Chukwu announced that Davido had been barred from holding performances in Edo for the remainder of Okpebholo’s administration.

You have been banned from coming to Edo State to perform. We don’t want to see you in Edo again,” he said.

Chukwu accused Davido of making offensive comments about Okpebholo and members of his family.

READ:  Atiku And Wike Holds Reconciliation Meeting Ahead Of 2023 Presidential Election

He maintained that the singer would not be welcomed in the state during the governor’s remaining years in office.

The aide also claimed that Edo youths were unhappy with Davido’s remarks and could give him an unfriendly reception if he returned to the state.

Edo youths are angry. They said if they catch you again, nobody should bring Davido to come and perform in any place again in Edo State,” he said.

He further criticised the singer over the academic document he shared online, alleging that it had been altered and warning Davido against making similar posts in the future.

READ:  Man Accuse Don Jazzy Of Sending His Thugs To Beat Him Up

Watch the video below;

ALSO READ: ‘Davido Was Targeted” + Police Confirm Attack On Governor Adeleke’s Convoy

READ:  INEC Declares Zamfara Assembly Bye-Election Inconclusive