PHOTOSPEAKS

‘I wanted to give her something to remember when she looks in the mirror’: Says student who slashed his girlfriend’s throat after she ended their relationship

Gary Davies was cleared of attempted murder after slashing the throat of his girlfriend Robyn Clegg-Gibson
26 year old Gary Davies,  ‘sawed’ a 7cm cut across Robyn Clegg-Gibson’s throat after she ended their two-month relationship. Preston Crown Court heard the astrology student locked Miss Clegg-Gibson in her bedroom at Lancaster University on September 30 last year.
After she alerted police and officers arrived, he panicked and lashed out, slashing at her throat. He told the court:

‘I was angry and upset and I wanted to leave a scar. I wanted to give her something to remember everytime she looks in the mirror. I was just stabbing everywhere.’

He denied attempted murder, but pleaded guilty to wounding with intent and false imprisonment. A jury today cleared Davies of attempted murder. He was held in custody and will be sentenced on April 14….This is really crazy, so dating someone is now by force?

News1 day ago