PHOTOSPEAKS

Man arrested for murdering his fiancée’s 2-year-old son, just six days before they married

A New Jersey man murdered his fiancée’s 2-year-old son — then married his mom six days later.

Authorities say Jagger Thomas Jost (left) killed Vernon Gaylord Sylver Jr. (center) on May 16, 2015. Just six days later, he married the boy's mother, Tiffany Jost (right).

21-year-old Jagger Jost was arrested Monday, some eight months after he allegedly killed little Vernon Gaylord Sylver Jr. with a brutal punch.

The child hadn’t even been buried before Jost and his fiancée, Tiffany, decided to tie the knot on May 22. And to this day, Tiffany Jost believes her jailed husband is innocent, attributing his death from blunt force trauma to a fall, not a beating.

“I would have killed him myself,” Tiffany told the Philadelphia Inquirer about any concerns of Jagger’s involvement in her son’s death.

Little Vernon died from blunt force trauma to his abdomen, which police said was sustained in a beating from Jagger Jost. His mother, Tiffany Jost, said he was killed from a fall, not a punch.

Cops were hunting Jagger for almost a year when U.S. Marshals tracked him down Monday in Atlantic City, N.J., where he was staying with an acquaintance. The unfatherly figure was arrested and charged with murder and child abuse.

Little Vernon died of blunt force trauma to the abdomen, according to authorities, allegedly inflicted by a punch thrown by Jagger Jost.

But Jagger told his wife that Vernon landed on his stomach while falling off bricks and sustained the injuries on May 13, 2015. Two days later, Vernon started vomiting and was pronounced dead on May 16.

The couple decided to rush their wedding date because they were so distraught by the toddler’s death, Tiffany told the Inquirer. They married on May 22, nine days before Vernon’s funeral.

Tiffany still stands by her husband, telling reporters that the accused killer loved Vernon like the toddler was his own son.

Tiffany Jost claimed that she would kill her husband herself if she believed he was behind her son's death.

“I feel like my heart is on fire, because I’m not going to let my husband rot in jail,” she said.

1 Comment

1 Comment

1. Anonymous

May 25, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Stupid lady. You'll be the next.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She's No Longer Close To Eniola Badmus, Others
Entertainment4 mins ago

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She’s No Longer Close To Eniola Badmus, Others

"Don’t Mix Up My Tweets" - Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding
Entertainment39 mins ago

“Don’t Mix Up My Tweets” – Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding

"I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman" – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

“I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman” – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

"My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

“My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

"Don't Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma's Wedding" - Do2dtun Warns Artists

“Don’t Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma’s Wedding” – Do2dtun Warns Artists

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 5
News23 hours ago

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters

Yul Edochie Places N1m Bounty On People Plotting To Hurt His Children, Kill Judy Austin

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” - Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” – Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him - Sophia Momodu

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him – Sophia Momodu

Unregistered Tiger Nut Drinks Caused Lagos Cholera Outbreak, Death Toll Rises To 24
Health2 days ago

Sister Of Abuja Cab Driver Accused By Daniella Peters Denies Kidnap Allegations [Video]

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Fubara Appoints Wodo To Replace Wike’s Ally Awuse As Chairman Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Council

Dammy Krane Continues 'Murder' Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

Dammy Krane Continues ‘Murder’ Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja - BBNaija’s Daniella Peters