Celebrities

“Jesus Supports Abortion” – Madonna Says As She Pushes For Change In Catholic Church

"Jesus Supports Abortion" – Madonna Says As She Pushes For Change In Catholic Church 3

Pop superstar, Madonna says Jesus Christ supports women having abortions and wants the Catholic Church to change its position on the issue.

During an interview with Australian talk show host Andrew Denton on “Interview” Tuesday, Madonna, who has a Catholic background, revealed what she would like to discuss with Pope Francis if she had the opportunity to talk to the pontiff. She said:

“Let’s talk about Jesus’ point of view about women. Let’s talk about it,” Madonna said on the TV show, hoping to change the church’s stance on abortion.

“And don’t you think Jesus would agree that a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body?” she asked.

Madonna, who presumes that Jesus supports women “choosing” to abort their unborn babies, was reportedly raised in a Catholic home and although she was later excommunicated from the church.

She told Rolling Stone magazine in 2015 that she regularly uses Christian imagery because of her strong connection to Catholicism.

The music icon has had a long history of ruffling feathers in the Christian community. Her 1989 video for “Like a Prayer” was openly condemned by the Vatican for its disrespectful scenes in the church.

Later on in her career, another of Madonna’s songs, titled “Holy Water,” was condemned for comparing her bodily fluids to holy water used by Catholics to bless themselves. Her “Rebel Heart Tour” also got the singer into some trouble as some of her songs were banned from being performed for being “religiously insensitive.”

News1 day ago