It’s Discrimination To Expel Pregnant Schoolgirls And Leave Boys That Impregnated Them – Gov Fayemi’s Wife

It’s Discrimination To Expel Pregnant Schoolgirls And Leave Boys That Impregnated Them - Gov Fayemi's Wife 3

Mrs Bisi Fayemi, the wife of Ekiti State Governor, kayofe Fayemi, has condemned the practice of expelling pregnant girls from schools while allowing boys that impregnated them to continue their education.

Bisi Fayemi decried the measure during a meeting in Ado-Ekiti with wives of Coordinating Directors and Community Development Officers of the 16 Local Government Councils in the state.

According to her, all girls had the right to education, regardless of their pregnancy, marital or motherhood status.

She stressed that pregnant girls face all kinds of punishments, including discriminating practices that deny them their right to education.

Mrs Fayemi expressed the readiness of the state government to implement relevant laws, including the Child Rights Act, Gender Equality and other laws, to protect the interest of children.

She said that a sensitization campaign would hold in the state in August to increase awareness of the people on the importance of protecting the rights of children, particularly the girl-child.