Embattled Evangelist Blames Devil After Being Caught Stealing Two Phones While Preaching In Ibadan 3

A 49-year-old embattled Evangelist, Mr Akinjide Durojaiye got more than he bargained for as he was mercilessly beaten for allegedly stealing two new mobile phones from a shop he preached at in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.

The Evangelist at Dominion Assembly in Ilare-Ijesa area of Osun state, claimed the “spirit” directed him to preach to the people at a phone shop in Femi Johnson Building located at Dugbe area of Ibadan.

He however left the shop with two phones valued at N70,000, hid in a shop within the complex when chased but eventually got busted by an attendant at the shop. The phones were retrieved from him by the mob that manhandled him.

Confessing to the crime, Durojaiye blamed it all on the devil as he disclosed that he stole to raise money to offset the medical bill of his 7-year-old son who jumped down from a 2-storey building.

The father of four who was released after some persons intervened, further revealed that his wife ‘abandoned’ the kids with him after they got divorced.

Business20 hours ago