Nigerian Football Star, Junior Duru Shot Dead During Cult Rivalry Shootout In Edo 3

Nigeria Golden Eaglet player, Duru Junior has reportedly been killed in a cult-related shoot-out in Auchi Polytechnic, Edo State.

The Nigerian U17 player was said to have met his untimely death while visiting his friend at Auchi campus on Tuesday, September 24.

According to reports, eight persons have been reportedly killed so far in the bloody cult clash in the space of three days.

However, the police authority and the community vigilante have swing into action to impose 8 pm curfew for Okada riders and students to stay indoor.

Meanwhile, the assistant coach of the Nigeria Golden Eaglet, Jolomi Atune has said the victim is not part of the current Under 17 squad.

He said all the players belong to the Golden Eaglet are either in the close camp in Abuja or the ongoing tournament in Turkey.

We gathered that Duru Junior was among players dropped for the Uefa/Caf ongoing Turkey tournament after failing to pass the screening.

The late Duru Junior is the younger brother of Lobi Stars and Super Eagles Defender Ebube Duru.

His elder brother and Lobi Stars player Ebube Duru has reacted to his death, saying it was painful learning about his brother’s demise.

“It’s very painful I have to just move on, I think it’s another thing now to make me double my effort,” the defender told footballlive.ng.

“He told me before I travelled that he wants to play football to the highest level, he couldn’t achieve and I think that’s one thing I owe him so I’ll try my best and make sure I play this game to the highest level and make him proud.”

Ebube Duru is currently with the Super Eagles home-based players in Senegal as they campaign for the WAFU Africa Cup of Nations title.

Business20 hours ago