Entertainment

Lady Behind Davido’s Promotional Video For COZA, Apologizes For The Misrepresentation

Lady Behind Davido's Promotional Video For COZA, Apologizes For The Misrepresentation 3

Elizabeth Omale, the lady behind the controversial video that shows Davido promoting an upcoming event in Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), has finally spoken out.

Earlier, Davido came under heavy fire after he was seen in a video promoting COZA’s next year (2020) programme “12 days of Glory”, alongside a little girl and an older woman.

Nigerians were criticising Davido for featuring in a video promoting the church of the alleged rapist, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo.

Following the backlash, Davido issued a statement on his Twitter page, saying he has nothing to do with the church.

According to him, he did a quick video for a kid that was introduced as a fan, and he had no idea it would be used as a promotional video for a church.

The singer described the action of COZA as ‘disrespectful and fraudulent’ and has demanded that the video be pulled down immediately.

The older woman in the video, who happens to be the mother of the little girl, has now reacted to the uproar by apologising for what she called a “misrepresentation.”

According to her, the video was in no way meant to be an official advert for her church and that Davido only recorded the video with her and her daughter as a favour to a friend. She wrote:

“I would like to make some clarifications on the video I recorded with @davidoofficial for my church, the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA). The video was in no way intended to be an official ad from the church. It was simply my way of raising awareness for a program I am passionate about.

I have read reports online claiming that Davido is coming to the program as an ambassador of COZA because of the video, these reports are false. He recorded that video with me and my daughter as a favour to a friend, nothing more.

Also, my pastor, Pastor Biodun only reposted the video from my page because he has been reposting videos about the program. My video wasn’t the only one on his page.

The video was a product of my excitement about 12DG and there was no malice intended. I apologize for the confusion and misrepresentation, and once again I’d like to say I acted as an individual and not as an official representative of COZA. Thank you.”

There's Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

There’s Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

Multichoice Reduces Prices For DStv, GOtv Packages After Losing Million Subscribers
News8 hours ago

"Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

“Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

"Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

“Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

Eedris Abdulkareem Drags Pastor Adeboye, President Tinubu In New Song, ‘Emi Lokan’

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil - Toke Makinwa

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil – Toke Makinwa

“Women Are The Reason Why Some Men Aren’t Responsible Fathers” – Daddy Freeze Replies Kate Henshaw

Wizkid's Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Wizkid’s Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Anita Okoye Celebrates Ex-Husband Paul Okoye On Father’s Day Despite His Remarriage

Actress Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead