Yobe Government Suspends Traditional Ruler For Allegedly Raping A 6-Year-Old Boy 3

Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni has directed the indefinite suspension of the district Head of Fannami Ward, Lawan Mari, from Bade Local Government Area of the state.

The traditional ruler was suspended following an allegation that he raped a six-year-old boy from his community.

In a Statement signed by the Honorable Commissioner for Information, Home Affairs and Culture, Abdullahi Bego said the Governor has directed swift action against the district head.The statement reads:

“His Excellency has directed that appropriate administrative and legal measures be taken swiftly to investigate and prosecute the matter.

“Consequently, the traditional ruler involved has been suspended indefinitely from his position as ward head of Fannami Ward, Gashu’a pending the outcome of police investigation into the matter.

“A letter to that effect has already been served the ward head by Bade Local Government Council.”

As directed, a letter of suspension has already been issued to the district head.

He noted that the victim has been evaluated and treated by medical personnel at the General Hospital in Gashua.