Police DPO Beats And Strips 2 Sisters Naked, Then Arrests Their Widowed Mother In Delta 3

A Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Delta State, SP Asanayin Ibok, has been accused of allegedly beating and stripping naked two sisters, 28-year-old Mercy and 19-year-old Lucy Okoro, over a landlord/tenancy dispute in Warri.

Ibok, who heads the Ekpan Police Division in Uvwie council area, was alleged to have arrested the duo and their widowed mother, Mrs. Lucy Okoro, afterwards.

Speaking with reporters on Tuesday, Mercy alleged that one of their tenants, Andrew Obas, had invited the police to their home.

She said he (Obas) was owing her family three months’ rent and they had given him until the fourth month after which his failure to pay, forced them to issue him quit notice.

“We gave him four months which elapsed this January, but he refused to pay. We asked him to pack out, instead, he brought armed policemen.

“They shot sporadically, came to our house and carried my sister, dragging her on the floor and kicking her. I held the policeman asking him to let my sister go. But the policeman (DPO) stripped me naked. He pulled the wrapper from my neck, dragged me on the floor and kicked my buttocks.

“They bundled my sister and I into their patrol van and took us to the police station. I never knew it was the DPO at first. He asked if we were the people causing ‘wahala’? So I asked my mother to join us in the cell. That was when he slapped me until I fell on the ground and fainted.

“The policewoman at the counter sprayed teargas into my eyes. I thought I was already blind. At night, he (DPO) and some men came and rained abuses on me,” Mercy alleged.

She appealed to the government, human rights organisations and the international community to take up the matter and ensure “justice” is served.

Adding her voice to her daughter’s call for justice, the widow called on the government and well-meaning individuals to come to their aid and expose the oppressive act of the police.

The National Chairman of the Human Rights Defenders Organisation, Sir Casely Omon-Irabor (Esq.), said that the establishment was contacted on the issue.

“We sent two of our lawyers to go and find out and we discovered that the police stripped the first daughter of the widow naked. Our lawyers tried to intervene but they didn’t listen to him,” Omon-Irabor said, adding that it was when “I told him that I have him on photographs and video” that he pushed for settlement.

The Ekpan Divisional Police Officer, SP Ibok Asanenyi, denied the allegations levelled against him, saying: “It is not true.”

He said he was not around when the incident occurred, let alone stripping the girl naked.

Police Commissioner Mr. Hafiz Inuwa said the allegation was a “blatant lie”.

“As I am speaking with you, this is the second time a journalist is calling me. He wanted to reach me because of what one human rights person alleged.

“But when he could not get me, he just made his inquiry and discovered that it is not even true because the DPO even told him that he was not there at the station when the matter was reported.

“Some of these things, what you need to do is that you first contact the person that the allegation was made against. As I am talking to you now, we did not record anything like this,” Inuwa said.

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]
Celebrities42 mins ago

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]

Nigerians Reacts As Seun Kuti Bows To Greet Will Smith’s Daughter, Willow [Video]

There's Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

There’s Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

Multichoice Reduces Prices For DStv, GOtv Packages After Losing Million Subscribers
News16 hours ago

"Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

“Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

"Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

“Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

Eedris Abdulkareem Drags Pastor Adeboye, President Tinubu In New Song, ‘Emi Lokan’

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil - Toke Makinwa

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil – Toke Makinwa

“Women Are The Reason Why Some Men Aren’t Responsible Fathers” – Daddy Freeze Replies Kate Henshaw

Wizkid's Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Wizkid’s Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Anita Okoye Celebrates Ex-Husband Paul Okoye On Father’s Day Despite His Remarriage

Actress Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead