Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum has revealed that the 42-year-old woman, Hauwa Mohammed, who reportedly fled the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital after testing positive for coronavirus, is back.
KanyiDaily had reported that Hauwa and Abbas Kaka Hassan, a 24-year-old man, fled the isolation centre after their results came positive on Sunday.
Hassan was traced in the early hours of Monday and found in a critical state at his family house in Gwange 11.
On his Twitter page on Monday, Governor Zulum disclosed that the female patient has also reported herself back at the isolation centre.
He said when Hauwa returned to the hospital, she protested that she did not receive communication from the COVID-19 team on the need to go into isolation.
“The apology became necessary after Hauwa protested that she did not receive communication from the COVID-19 lab at UMTH or officials of the state response team asking her to come for hospital isolation even though she had been on self isolation since her sample was taken for test due to exposure of a confirmed case days back.
“Borno’s commissioner of health and secretary of the state’s high powered response team confirmed on Monday afternoon, that the patient brought herself in a very responsible and medically professional manner which was highly commendable,” the governor said.
Governor Zulum therefore announced that as a result of this, “all COVID-19 patients in Borno state are now fully accounted for.”