Celebrities

Nigerians Attacks Slimcase Over ‘Insensible’ Comments On George Floyd And Tina’s Deaths

Nigerian singer, Slimcase has come under criticism on social media over his comments on 46-year-old black-American man, George Floyd, and 16-year-old Nigerian girl Tina Ezekwe, both killed by the Police in their country.

Nigerians Attacks Slimcase Over 'Insensible' Comments On George Floyd And Tina’s Deaths 5

Slimcase had taken to his Instagram page to reflect on how George Floyd, who was unknown while alive, inspired a global protest over racism against blacks after he was killed by a white police.

The Nigerian singer said he would rather plead with God to give him such fame while alive and not when he’s dead.

“Fame after death…any positive blow wey I gat, blow God Let me blow am now that I am alive not after I am dead. George A sacrifice for d change in black history #blacklivesmatters,” Slimcase wrote.

Reacting to his post, a social media user tackled Slimcase for speaking on an incident in far-way America while ignoring the alleged killing of Tina Ezekwe by an officer of the Nigerian police.

The singer replied saying Floyd’s demise was a “global pandemic”, while Tina’s case was a local issue. He wrote:

“We’re talking about a global pandemic here, leave the Lagos girl for Channels Television to talk about.”

Nigerians Attacks Slimcase Over 'Insensible' Comments On George Floyd And Tina’s Deaths 6

His reaction triggered a lot of outrage on Twitter with many Nigerian accusing the singer of being “insensitive” to the plights of people being subjected to extra-judicial killings in the country.

Amid the backlashes, Slimcase would later apologise for his earlier comments, claiming he had no knowledge of Tina’s death when he made them.

“I am just knowing about the little girl cus I hardly check posts I am so so sorry I never meant it that way so sorry I apologize,” he wrote.

See some of the reactions from Nigerians on social media:

ALSO READ: All The Fuss Behind Coronavirus Is A Scam, It’s Just A Malaria Lung Flu – Slimcase

Harrysong’s Ex-Wife Reacts After He Accused Her Of Getting Pregnant For Another Man While In Marriage [Video]
Entertainment22 mins ago

"I'm The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent" – Whitemoney

“I’m The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent” – Whitemoney

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For "Carrying Drug" [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For “Carrying Drugs” [Video]

FA Cup Final: Man City 1-2 Man United, Updates, Score, Analysis, Highlights [Video] 7

How My Nude Scene With Eucharia Anunobi Affected My Marriage – Zack Orji [Video]

Harrysong Vows To Expose Evil Deeds Done By His Ex-Wife, KCee, Destiny Etiko And Her Mother

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Make Money With TapSwap
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Making Money With TapSwap

“I Apologies If I Disappointed You” - BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

“I Apologise If I Disappointed You” – BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

Paul Okoye Reportedly Marries Ivy Ifeoma Traditionally Amid Pregnancy Rumours [Video]

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application - How To Apply
Education3 days ago

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application – How To Apply

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First 'Millennial Saint'
World News3 days ago

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First ‘Millennial Saint’

"My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends" – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

“My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends” – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Another Woman Accuses Diddy Of Forcing Her To Have Sεx With Kim Porter While He Mαsturbated

Sanusi Lamido Receives Reinstatement Letter, Turbaned As Emir Of Kano [Photos/Video]

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities 8
Business3 days ago

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities

FG Halt Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project Realignment After Landmark Beach Demolition