in

Ministry Of Justice Wants To Silence My Rαpe Case Against Pastor Fatoyinbo — Busola Dakolo

Busola Dakolo has said there are “pressure to bury” her rape case against Pastor Fatoyinbo.

Busola Dakolo, Nigerian celebrity photographer and wife of singer Timi Dakolo, has given the latest update on her rape case against the founder of Commonwealth of Zion (COZA), Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo.

Ministry Of Justice Wants To Silence My Rαpe Case Against Pastor Fatoyinbo — Busola Dakolo 1

Mrs Dakolo in a statement on Instagram Thursday, June 4, 2020, said there is “pressure to bury” her case against the prolific preacher.

According to her, the police have concluded their investigation of the case and their reports have been handed over to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja.

However, there has been no updates from the ministry since March 25th, despite writing a letter to them, they have gotten no response.

ALSO READPolice Forced Me At Gun-Point To Sign Document Countering Rape Allegation Against Pastor Fatoyinbo – Busola Dakolo

Busola added that her lawyers had heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to tamper with the police report presented to the Ministry of Justice upon conclusion of investigation. She wrote:

“It is now officially one year after I came out and told the most important story of my life up until this point. That when I was a teenager, Biodun Fatoyinbo violently raped me. It wasn’t just me. In the media, on social platforms and in private, women have been sharing stories of how this man either destroyed their lives or tried to.

“A lot has happened in that time: and my heart is glad that consciousness continues to be raised about the great evil that sexual abuse is, and how widespread it is, and how much women are at risk, and why we need to ensure justice for those who find the strength to speak out.

“Awareness is victory. But we are pushing to another even great victory: Justice. When the courts last year decided to rule in favour of the man who assaulted me, people were crestfallen. I understood.

“What they didn’t know however is that before we even began, we had been prepared for a long haul battle that may take years because the Nigerian legal system isn’t wired to help sexual abuse victims get justice.

“Today, I have a major update. The police have concluded its investigation and handed over its report to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja for onward prosecution of Biodun Fatoyinbo. He clearly has a case to answer.

“But there has been silence from the ministry. Silence. A loud silence! We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response. Instead, my lawyers and my family have heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to stop the ministry from beginning prosecution immediately. Or even to get the police report manipulated.”

Dakolo vowed to get justice so that her voice and the voices of other victims like her was not silenced.

“My name is Busola Dakolo, a survivor of one of the most horrific acts — rape. My voice will not be shut down. My case will not be silenced. I am thankful to those in and out of the police, the ministry and corridors of power who have called in solidarity and to reassure me that they are monitoring the ministry of justice and that this pressure to bury the case will not succeed.

“I am updating the Nigerian public because you all made my story matter. You joined me to say enough is enough. With you, this has been an easier process.”

View this post on Instagram

It is now officially one year after since I came out and told the most important story of my life up until this point. That when I was a teenager, Biodun Fatoyinbo violently raped me. It wasn’t just me. In the media, on social platforms and in private, women have been sharing stories of how this man either destroyed their lives or tried to. A lot has happened in that time: and my heart is glad that consciousness continues to be raised about the great evil that sexual abuse is, and how widespread it is, and how much women are at risk, and why we need to ensure justice for those who find the strength to speak out. Awareness is victory. But we are pushing to another even great victory: Justice. When the courts last year decided to rule in favour of the man who assaulted me, people were crestfallen. I understood. What they didn’t know however is that before we even began, we had been prepared for a long haul battle that may take years because the Nigerian legal system isn’t wired to help sexual abuse victims get justice. Today, I have a major update. The police has concluded its investigation. And handed over its report to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja for onward prosecution of Biodun Fatoyinbo. He clearly has a case to answer. But there has been silence from the ministry. Silence. A loud silence! We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response. Instead, my lawyers and my family have heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to stop the ministry from beginning prosecution immediately. Or even to get the police report manipulated. My name is Busola Dakolo, a survivor of one of the most horrific acts -rape. My voice will not be shut down. My case will not be silenced. I am thankful to those in and out of the police, the ministry and the corridors of power who have called in solidarity and to reassure me that they are monitoring the ministry of justice and that this pressure to bury the case will not succeed. I am updating the Nigerian public because you all made my story matter. You joined me to say enough is enough. With you, this has been an easier process. #wearetired #notinmychurch #justice

A post shared by Busola Dakolo (@busoladakolo) on

KanyiDaily recalls that Busola had last year filed a suit against Fatoyinbo, alleging that the COZA pastor caused her emotional distress after raping her multiple times 20 years ago when she was 16 years in Ilorin, Kwara State.

In November 2019, Justice Justice Oathman Musa of an Abuja Federal High Court had dismissed Busola’s suit against the COZA pastor and fined the plaintiff N1 million for wasting the court’s time.

Juctice musa ruled that the allegation against Fatoyinbo amounted to injustice, and an abuse of judicial process as the case was empty and purely sentimental, adding that the case was aimed more at cruelty than obtaining justice.

Despite the ruling, the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) had vowed to continue its investigations against Pastor Fatoyinbo.

READ ALSO
COZA Pastor, Fatoyinbo Denies Raping Busola Dakolo, Threatens To Sue His Accusers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

George Floyd Memorial: Thousands Gather To Honour Man Whose Death Ignited Protest On Racism [Video] 25

George Floyd Memorial: Thousands Gather To Honour Man Whose Death Ignited Protest On Racism [Video]

Fulani Will Rule Nigeria Forever, We're Flagging Off Security Outfit Across The Country – Miyetti Allah 26

Fulani Will Rule Nigeria Forever, We’re Flagging Off Security Outfit Across The Country – Miyetti Allah