Categories: News

Governor Zulum Escapes Death As Boko Haram Terrorists Attacks His Convoy Again In Borno

The Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum, on Wednesday evening escaped an ambush by suspected Boko Haram gunmen who attacked his convoy at Baga town.

The incident reportedly took place between Monguno and Baga town when the Governor was on his way to distribute food to displaced persons (IDPs).

According to Premium Times, multiple sources said the governor was unhurt as soldiers and police officers guarding him repelled the assault on the convoy.

“it happened, but I’m sorry I cannot give details on this because the relevant officials are still digging to get more details of the attack.”

“But I can assure your that the governor is unhurt, and that includes everyone in the convoy,” a government source said.

The governor’s spokesperson, Isa Gusau, confirmed the development, telling the newspaper he was working on a press statement on the matter.

KanyiDaily recalled that Governor Zulum had also luckily escaped death last year when Boko Haram terrorists opened fire on his convoy at Konduga while returning from a trip to Bama local government area of the state.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Peter Obi Emerges NDC’s Sole Presidential Aspirant For 2027 Election

The Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) has ended the sale of its Expression of Interest and…

38 seconds ago

Frank Edoho’s Ex-Wife Sandra Accuses Him Of Physical Abuse, Says He Threatened To Kill Her

Sandra Onyenucheya, the ex-wife of media personality Frank Edoho, has opened up about what she…

1 hour ago

ICPC Reacts As El-Rufai’s Family Protest Over His Continued Detention By DSS

The family of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, along with his supporters and political…

3 hours ago

Ben Murray-Bruce, 46 Others Disqualified From APC Senatorial Race

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who failed…

18 hours ago

Court Grants Nasir El-Rufai N100m Bail In ‘Phone Interception’ Case

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna state governor Nasir…

19 hours ago

Justice Crack Granted N5m Bail Over Alleged Cybercrime

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to social media personality, Justice Chidebere,…

23 hours ago