in

Governor Zulum Reacts As Boko Haram Attacks His Convoy, Kills Seven Soldiers, Two Others

Boko Haram reportedly attacked Governor Zulum’s convoy, killing seven soldiers and two civilian JTF.

Boko Haram terrorists have reportedly attacked the convoy of Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, killing seven soldiers and two members of Civilian-JTF at Ja’alta along Gajiram to Monguno Road.

Governor Zulum Reacts As Boko Haram Attacks His Convoy, Kills Seven Soldiers, Two Others 1

According to SaharaReporters, Zulum’s convoy was ambused on Saturday on their way to Baga in Kukawa Local Government Area, where they governor planned to spend two days with other government officials in the town to distribute food items to newly resettled displaced persons.

Security sources told the media outlet that Governor Zulum ws unhurt because he had earlier flown by helicopter to the town with some top government officials.

“We were attacked by the gunmen who came with about six trucks and seven motorcycles. We engaged them but they have already destabilised.

“We had no option than to abort the trip and returned back to Maiduguri with corpses of the deceased. About seven people died immediately but two of my colleagues (soldiers) died from gunshot injuries when we got back to Maiduguri,” a soldier attached to the governor told SaharaReporters.

In all, nine security men were killed in a fierce battle with the terrorists.

READ:  Dino Melaye Finally Agrees To Meet Police As They Cuts Water & Electricity Supply In His Residence

However, in a statement by his spokesman, Isa Gusau, the governor refuted reports claiming there was another attack by Boko Haram on him and his security details.

Gusau said the governor travelled to Baga on Saturday, spent the day supervising the distribution of food items to 5,000 residents and returned to Maiduguri safely without no attack.

“As members of the public can testify, it is the culture and principle of Professor Zulum to say things as they are. In this case, it is what it is – no attack whatsoever.

“Any media organization that wants further clarification may wish to contact the Nigerian military.”

READ:  Sex-For-Grade: Disgraced Ghanaian Lecturer Cries During Class Session, Vows To Sue BBC [Video]

The spokesman expressed Zulum’s appreciation to all well-wishers across Nigeria.

“He gratefully commends the Armed Forces, Police and civilian volunteers for the relentless efforts in fully restoring lasting peace to Borno State” the statement added.

KanyiDaily recalls that Governor Zulum’s convoy was attacked twice by Boko Haram terrorist along the Baga Highway in September.

READ:  South African Minister Made A Sex Tape For His Wife, The Sex Tape Got Leaked

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

"60 In Lagos, 37 In Katsina" - Nigeria Confirms 155 New Coronavirus Cases As Total Hits 66,383 6

“60 In Lagos, 37 In Katsina” – Nigeria Confirms 155 New Coronavirus Cases As Total Hits 66,383

President Buhari Reacts As Gunmen Kills Abducted Nasarawa APC Chairman, Philip Shekwo 7

President Buhari Reacts As Gunmen Kills Abducted Nasarawa APC Chairman, Philip Shekwo