in

Armed Fulani Bandits Kills 33 People In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack

Police insists that only 21 natives of the area lost their lives during the attack by the bandits.

The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU) has revealed that 33 persons were killed by Fulani militia in some villages in Zango Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Armed Fulani Bandits Kills 33 People In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack 1

The fresh attacks which happened on Wednesday and Thursday affected mainly women and children in Apyia’Shyim, A’Piako, Atak’Mawei, and Kibori communities, all in Atyap Chiefdom of Zangon Kataf Local Government Area.

The National Public Relations Officer of the SOKAPU, Mr. Luka Binniyat, disclosed this in a statement titled, ‘”33 killed in Zango Kataf in Kaduna on Thursday”.

Prior to the attack, Binniyat said there was intensive patrol and the security personnel enforced the 24-hour curfew, but sadly, “when the gunmen struck, they were not on the ground.”

READ ALSO
Nigerian Girl, Tobechukwu Phillips Breaks 125-Year Academic History In US

Binniyat added that the attackers operated between 11pm and 4am this morning before they left unchallenged. The statement partly reads:

“Last night, 33 Atyap natives, who were among hundreds of thousands of already starving indigenes under a 24-hour rigidly imposed curfew that was 65 days yesterday, were killed in five Atyap villages in Atyap Chiefdom, Zango Kataf LGA in southern part of Kaduna State by Fulani militia.

“Last night, around 11pm, truckloads of armed Fulani militia made their way through military checkpoints under the curfew and stormed Apiashyim and Kibori villages. They laid siege to Apyaishyim, killing, looting and burning houses. In the wake of the cruelty, they left six people dead, and 20 houses burnt.”

READ ALSO
40-Year-Old Pharmacist, Bassey Asuquo Dies While Having Sεx With A Prostitute In Lagos Brothel

“In nearby Kibori village, seven persons were killed by the marauding, pampered Fulani militia. Around 12am, they struck Atakmawei sleeping community and carried out another carnage after which 12 persons were killed and 10 houses burnt.

“In Apiako, scared villagers who hid under grown maize crops, said they saw what looked like an armoured military truck pulled up at the village square, followed by familiar military motor bikes. While the attackers were busy killing, no attempt was made to stop them.”

SOKAPU further alleged that the Fulani militia (attackers) included Fulani youths born and raised in the affected villages, according to survivors account.

But the Kaduna State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Jalige, told PUNCH on the phone that 21 persons were killed during the attack on Wednesday night.

READ ALSO
Man Runs Away After Stabbing His Younger Brother To Death Over N500 In Lagos State

Jalige disclosed that more policemen had been deployed to the affected communities to forestall further attacks, adding that three persons were injured.

“Yes, There was an attack on some communities around Zango Kataf area. It took place yesterday (Wednesday), where some lives were lost and a few people were injured. About 21 persons lost their lives and three persons were injured,” Jalige said.

On SOKAPU’s claim that no fewer than 33 lives were lost, the police spokesman said, “Well, I don’t know where they got their own numbers from. You know I have not been there; I only got information from our representatives; our officers that are there.”

Meanwhile, United States has warned Nigeria that ISIS and al-Qaeda are penetrating Northwest and looking to expand further into the Southern part of the country.

READ ALSO
Sanwo-Olu And Agbaje Clashes At Lagos Gubernatorial Debate Over Apapa Gridlock

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Buhari Extends COVID-19 Lockdown In Nígeria, Orders Compulsory Use Of Face Masks Nationwide 27

Buhari Extends COVID-19 Lockdown In Nígeria, Orders Compulsory Use Of Face Masks Nationwide

INEC Threatens To Suspend Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections Due To Violence 28

INEC Threatens To Suspend Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections Due To Violence