Some unknown gunmen were alleged have attacked and shot at an Abuja bound train which departed Kaduna at about 6pm on Monday evening.
It was not clear whether there is any casualty as details of the alleged attack were still sketchy as at the time of filing this report.
However, the spokesman of Kaduna State Police Command, ASP Mohammed Jalige, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in a telephone interview that the train arrived Kaduna safely.
Jalige denied that the attack was carried out by gunmen, saying that some miscreants threw stones at the moving train around Rijana village, close to Kaduna.
“It was not a bullet or bow and arrow, what they threw are not aggressive weapons. It was not an attack, the train was moving. Our men in Rijana are on top of the situation,” he added.
The command spokesman assured that a thorough investigation would be conducted and anyone found to be involved in the incident would be punished.
So far no suspect has been arrested but our men have been deployed in the area to trail the suspects, Mr Jalige said.
KanyiDaily recalls that some gunmen had also attacked officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) on Monday, killing two officers and kidnapping about 10 others in Nasarawa State.
A 27-year-old man, Muktar Shehu, has been arraigned for allegedly breaking into a woman’s home…
Nigerian businesswoman Blessing Orji, popularly known online as Bebe Jewelry or Bebe Orji, has reportedly…
Nollywood actress Jemima Osunde has confronted a motorist she accused of driving against traffic in…
Yekini Idiaye, who represents Akoko-Edo Constituency I, has been elected Speaker of the Edo State…
Blessing Agbebaku, the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, has resigned from his…
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has recovered $60 million from Nigerian oil and…