EndSARS: My Determination To Reform The Police Should Never Be In Doubt – President Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has finally broken his silence over the nationwide protest against the continued extrajudicial activities of the notorious police unit Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

EndSARS: My Determination To Reform The Police Should Never Be In Doubt - President Buhari 3

KanyiDaily had reported that there is an ongoing #EndSARS protest across the country against the SARS tactical unit of the Nigerian Police Force over brutality, illegal arrest, extortion, extra-judicial killings, among others.

In statement issued on his Twitter page on Friday, October 9, 2020, President Buhari said he met with the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, adding that their determination to reform the Nigerian police should never be in doubt.

“I met again with the IGP tonight. Our determination to reform the police should never be in doubt. I am being briefed regularly on the reform efforts ongoing to end police brutality and unethical conduct, and ensure that the Police are fully accountable to the people.

READ:  Mrs Atiku Replies Her Husband's Critics, Says Atiku Is Honest And A Man Of Intergrity

“The IG already has my firm instructions to conclusively address the concerns of Nigerians regarding these excesses, & ensure erring personnel are brought to justice. I appeal for patience & calm, even as Nigerians freely exercise their right to peacefully make their views known.

“The vast majority of men and women of the Nigeria Police Force are patriotic and committed to protecting the lives and livelihoods of Nigerians, and we will continue to support them to do their job,” he said.

KanyiDaily recalls that the Police PRO, Frank Mba had said some of the #EndSARS protesters are beneficiaries of criminal activities, looking for online validation.

He said that given the investment the Federal Government has put into training the officers and setting up the department, ending SARS is not even an option.

READ:  IBD Dende Filmed Threatening To Kill Customs Officer For Seizing His Smuggled Goods [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For "Carrying Drug" [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For “Carrying Drugs” [Video]

FA Cup Final: Man City 1-2 Man United, Updates, Score, Analysis, Highlights [Video] 6

How My Nude Scene With Eucharia Anunobi Affected My Marriage – Zack Orji [Video]

Harrysong Vows To Expose Evil Deeds Done By His Ex-Wife, KCee, Destiny Etiko And Her Mother

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen
Tech and Gadgets17 hours ago

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Make Money With TapSwap
Tech and Gadgets18 hours ago

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Making Money With TapSwap

“I Apologies If I Disappointed You” - BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

“I Apologise If I Disappointed You” – BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

Paul Okoye Reportedly Marries Ivy Ifeoma Traditionally Amid Pregnancy Rumours [Video]

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero
News22 hours ago

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application - How To Apply
Education2 days ago

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application – How To Apply

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First 'Millennial Saint'
World News2 days ago

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First ‘Millennial Saint’

"My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends" – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

“My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends” – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Another Woman Accuses Diddy Of Forcing Her To Have Sεx With Kim Porter While He Mαsturbated

Sanusi Lamido Receives Reinstatement Letter, Turbaned As Emir Of Kano [Photos/Video]

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities 7
Business2 days ago

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities

FG Halt Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project Realignment After Landmark Beach Demolition

Connecting Continents: Google Introduces Umoja, Africa’s First Direct Fiber Link to Australia 8
Business2 days ago

"Don’t Do Anything To My Baby You Are Carrying” – AY Makun Tells BBNaija’s Alex Amid Pregnancy Claims

“Don’t Do Anything To My Baby You Are Carrying” – AY Makun Tells BBNaija’s Alex Amid Pregnancy Claims