I Have Covered My Estranged Ex-Wife’s Madness For Over 7 Years To Protect My Children – Fani-Kayode

A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode said he covered the madness of his estranged wife, Precious Chikwendu, for over seven years in order to protect his children.

I Have Covered My Estranged Ex-Wife's Madness For Over 7 Years To Protect My Children - Fani-Kayode 3

Fani-Kayode stated this while speaking on why he broke silence for the first time about his failed marriage to Precious which has been on the news since last month.

KanyiDaily recalls that Fani-Kayode had recently revealed that he caught his estranged wife in bed with a married man, a day before she (Precious) recorded a viral video on her phone that suggested he abused her.

In a series of tweets on Sunday, Fani-Kayode said he broke silence because his hand was forced. He, however, insisted that he won’t turn the affairs of his personal life into a public circus.

Urging his estranged wife to use ‘the right medium’ if she has any issues with him, the ex-minister said there were facts, witnesses, and evidence available for the courts, but he chooses to cover Precious’s madness for over 7 years to protect their children.

READ:  #NigeriaDecides2023: Atiku Abubakar Votes In Adamawa, Expresses Optimism Of Succeeding Buhari

“I have chosen to take the high horse and I refuse to allow my estranged wife to turn the affairs of my personal life into a public circus. If she has any issues, let her use the right medium as a responsible adult and mother and stop secretly feeding the media with damaging scandals geared towards the destruction of our children’s future.

“I have kept quiet in order to protect my children, I have covered all her madness over the past 7 years & not once did I expose her. But the facts are there & the witnesses & evidence are readily available for the courts.

“I broke my silence yesterday only because my hand has been forced. Rather than focusing on the problem of brutality & evil plaguing our country, or the myriad of other issues holding citizens hostage, some people would prefer to spread and partake in what amounts to celebrity gossip & chopped videos. Who in Nigeria does this benefit? What is the use?

“Those involved in this smear campaign are begging for further responses which I will not give them. My private relationship & any disagreements therein are just that: PRIVATE.

READ:  Dagrin Movie: Producer sues Virgin Atlantic for N1billion

“I have learned my lesson on feeding into parasocial media culture. My children & their dignity comes first & I refuse to help these individuals tarnish their image any further.

“The ringleader of this media scandal and his/her collaborators may continue polluting newss sites & blogs with spam & begging for crumbs of attention with wild tales as long as they wish.

“Acting is a professional field all on its own but thankfully so is law. Any & all videos, testimonies, documentation & other evidence coming from my end will only be displayed in court, where this issues can be resolved once and for all.

“If this person speaks the truth, they will be happy to meet me there, instead of peddling stories. My next tweets and posts will be focused solely on relevant issues. Thank you,” he said.

KanyiDaily recalls that Fani-Kayode had also made headlines after he was caught on camera raining insults at a Daily Trust journalists, Eyo Charles, for asking him a “stupid question” during a press conference in Calabar, Cross River State.

READ:  "Nigerian Roads Are Not As Bad As People Say They Are" - Babatunde Fashola

News1 day ago