Celebrities

Boxing Legend ‘Muhammad Ali’ Was My Hero, I Once Cried Over Him – Pastor Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye has opened up about his love for boxing legend, Muhammad Ali, whom he described as his ‘hero’.

Boxing Legend 'Muhammad Ali' Was My Hero, I Once Cried Over Him - Pastor Adeboye 3

Speaking at the virtual February 2021 Holy Ghost Service of the church with the theme, ‘God Bless You (2)’, Pastor Adenoye said he once cried over the health status of Ali, who died in 2016 at the age of 74.

He said: “It is one thing to be a champion, it is another thing to still be a champion. I will illustrate this by using Mohammad Ali of blessed memory.

“He was my hero, incidentally, we were born the same year and I was a boxer too; not of his class but I followed every fight that he fought. At least beginning from Sonny Liston, I can tell you every person that my hero fought.

READ:  50 Cent mocks Madonna over her plastic surgery

“But then, one day I saw him when they asked him to light the torch for the Olympics and I saw my hero, the man who used to float like the butterfly and sting like a bee, I watched him shaking like the reed blown by the wind. His hands were shaking and it took a special effort to hold to the torch and I cried that day.”

“The question I am asking is: ‘Is God an ex-champion?’ Glory be to God, the God who is going to bless you is not an ex-champion,” Adeboye added.

KanyiDaily recalls that Pastor Adeboye had said unless Jesus Christ returns, he would not die anytime soon without marking his 90th birthday.

READ:  Cubana Chief Priest Hangs Out With Pogba, Sterling, Bailly, Set To Bring Them To Asaba

Senate Pardons, Recalls Senator Abdul Ningi For Three Months Suspension
Politics14 hours ago

Senate Pardons, Recalls Senator Abdul Ningi For Three Months Suspension

Actress Fatima Usman Is Dead

Actress Fatima Usman Is Dead

Chelsea Agree 5-Year Deal With Enzo Maresca As New Manager To Replace Mauricio Pochettino

"If A Man Can Spend N20M On Me Weekly, He Can Get In Between My Legs" – Saida Boj [Video]

“If A Man Can Spend N20M On Me Weekly, He Can Get In Between My Legs” – Saida Boj [Video]

"Women Should Bill A Man 24 Hours After He Collects Their Number" – Saida Boj [Video]

“Women Should Bill A Man 24 Hours After He Collects Their Number” – Saida Boj [Video]

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary [Video]

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary [Video]

"To Gain Followers" - Man Reveals Why He Accused E-Money Of Sleeping With Junior Pope’s Wife

“To Gain Followers” – Man Reveals Why He Accused E-Money Of Sleeping With Junior Pope’s Wife

Davido Acquires New Cadillac Escalade SUV Worth Million Of Naira

Davido Acquires New Cadillac Escalade SUV Worth Million Of Naira

Sophia Momodu Tackles Israel DMW For Claiming Davido Sponsored Imade’s Travels

Sophia Momodu Tackles Israel DMW For Claiming Davido Sponsored Imade’s Travels

Woman Confronts Uche Maduagwu, Accuses Him Of Impregnating Her Sister And Avoiding Responsibility [Video]

Nollywood Director Reginald Ebere Is Dead

Nollywood Director Reginald Ebere Is Dead

Children’s Day: President Tinubu Vows To Help Nigerian Children Realise Their Dreams

Kogi Government Reacts To Killing Of Two Kidnapped CUSTECH University Students

Kogi Government Reacts To Killing Of Two Kidnapped CUSTECH University Students

US Actor, Johnny Wactor Shot Dead During Robbery Attack In Los Angeles

US Actor, Johnny Wactor Shot Dead During Robbery Attack In Los Angeles

"Agent Of Darkness, I'm Free From You” – Harrysong Replies Ex-Wife, Alexer Peres

“Agent Of Darkness, I’m Free From You” – Harrysong Replies Ex-Wife, Alexer Peres

Strategies for a profitable gold trading 4
Business2 days ago

Strategies for a profitable gold trading

Harrysong Still Bed Wets, His Mother Had 6 Kids For 6 Different Men - Ex-Wife, Alexer

Harrysong Still Bed Wets, His Mother Had 6 Kids For 6 Different Men – Ex-Wife, Alexer

“I'm Not Happy On This Children’s Day” – Actress Toyin Abraham Addresses Parents

“I’m Not Happy On This Children’s Day” – Actress Toyin Abraham Addresses Parents

Faith Ene Ogwu: The 14-year-old Author Inspiring Young Minds 5
Featured2 days ago

Faith Ene Ogwu: The 14-year-old Author Inspiring Young Minds

Ajayi Crowther University Expels Students Who Beat Colleague To Death Over Phone Theft
Metro2 days ago