Nigerian Governors Wives Donates N200,000 To Two Rape Victims In Zamfara

The Nigerian Governors Wives Forum has donated two hundred thousand naira cash assistance to two rape survivors in Zamfara state.

Nigerian Governors Wives Donates N200,000 To Two Rape Victims In Zamfara 3

According to a statement by the Press Secretary to the wife of Zamfara Governor Zainab Shu’aibu on Thursday, the donation is part of its initiatives to improve women economic status.

The statement also noted that the donation is part of the Nigerian Governors Wives Association fight Against Gender Based Violence and other domestic violence in the country.

The wife of Zamfara State Governor, Aisha Bello Matawalle represented by the Commissioner of Women Affairs, Zainab Lawal Gumi, presented one hundred thousand naira cash assistance to each of the two beneficiaries,

READ:  Highlights Of President Buhari's Activites Since He Resumed Work In Nigeria's Oval Office

She commended the Nigerian Governors Wives Forum in its quest to stem the tide of Gender based violence and other abuse on the right of women and girl child in Nigeria

Mrs Gumi noted that the gesture is consistent with the present administration of governor Bello Matawalle in the fight against rape and other violent crimes against women in Zamfara state.

Aisha Bello Matawalle urged the beneficiaries to make judicious use of the grant to attain a better future.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Senate had passed the second reading of a bill seeking to remove gender restrictions in the offence of rape and related matters.

The bill, which was sponsored by Oluremi Tinubu, senator representing Lagos central, seeks to formally recognize men as victims of rape as applicable.

READ:  Those Who Killed Deborah Samuel In Sokoto Must Face Justice - UK Commissioner

News1 day ago