Entertainment

Davido Says He Didn’t Know His Father, Adedeji Adeleke Was Rich Till He Was 13-Years-Old

Popular Nigerian singer, Davido said he didn’t know his father, Adedeji Adeleke, was a billionaire because he lived a modest life and was driving ‘cheap cars’.

Speaking during an interview with an American-based podcast, Earn Your Leisure, Davido said he only knew about his family’s wealth at the age of 13 when they moved into a new house.

The singer, who goes by the nickname OBO (abbreviated from Omo Baba Olowo loosely translated as ‘son of a rich man’), said “I didn’t know he was rich till I was 13 because he lived so normal. I didn’t even know he was a billionaire driving a Honda.

“He had a brand new silver Honda Accord. He had a driver. My mum had a Toyota or so, or a Honda truck or something. So I didn’t know. They lived so modestly until we moved out of that house to the new house.”

READ:  "I Told You To Keep The Pregnancy" - Sarkodie Replies Yvonne Nelson's Abortion Claims

Davido stated that the new house made him realize that his father was rich, but he’s amazed at his billionaire father’s humility and modesty.

He said, “From the new house, that was when I started trying to know what my dad did and got to know that he was into business.

“Till date, he’s still so humble and modest with the way he spends and the way he goes about his business. The way he handles his business is still amazing to me,” Davido said.

Meanwhile, a Nigerian lady, Sherifah Adeshola has taken to social media to narrate how Davido bought a new car for a ransom taxi driver who gave him a ride.

READ:  "If I Were A Nigerian Girl, I Would Never Date A Nigerian Man" - Timaya [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]
Entertainment17 mins ago

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]
Entertainment46 mins ago

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 1
News60 mins ago

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters

Yul Edochie Places N1m Bounty On People Plotting To Hurt His Children, Kill Judy Austin
Entertainment1 hour ago

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” - Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” – Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him - Sophia Momodu

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him – Sophia Momodu

Unregistered Tiger Nut Drinks Caused Lagos Cholera Outbreak, Death Toll Rises To 24
Health1 day ago

Sister Of Abuja Cab Driver Accused By Daniella Peters Denies Kidnap Allegations [Video]

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Fubara Appoints Wodo To Replace Wike’s Ally Awuse As Chairman Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Council
Politics1 day ago

Dammy Krane Continues 'Murder' Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

Dammy Krane Continues ‘Murder’ Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja - BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja – BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja
Metro2 days ago

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger - Joe Igbokwe

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger – Joe Igbokwe

"They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened" - Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

“They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened” – Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

The Engagement Ring I Gave Chioma Can Buy 3 Rolls Royce - Davido Brags [Video]

The Engagement Ring I Gave Chioma Can Buy 3 Rolls Royce – Davido Brags [Video]

"I’ll Never Be A 50/50 Man" – IK Osakioduwa Says He'll Never Split Bill With His Wife [Video]

“I’ll Never Be A 50/50 Man” – IK Osakioduwa Says He’ll Never Split Bill With His Wife [Video]

Kano Government Orders Bayero's Eviction From Mini Palace, Demolition Of Building

Kano Government Orders Bayero’s Eviction From Mini Palace, Demolition Of Building