The bandits who attacked an Abuja-Kaduna train last month have released a video of some of the abducted passengers appealing to the Federal Government to come to their rescue.
KanyiDaily had reported how a train heading from Abuja to Kaduna was attacked by terrorists who opened fire on 362 passengers on board, killing eight persons and whisking away an unspecified number of people on Monday night, March 28.
Last Wednesday, April 6, the bandits shared a video to announce the release of Alwan Al-Hassan, the acting managing director/chief executive officer of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA).
The bandits said Hassan was released due to his age and in the spirit of Ramadan, threatening to kill the passengers if the federal government did not meet their demands.
The terrorists have released another video which appears to have been shot with the previous one as Hassan, who appeared in both videos, has since been released last week.
Video Of Passengers Abducted On Abuja-Kaduna Train
In the footage obtained by HumAngle on Sunday, some of the victims are seen seated on the floor and surrounded by armed persons in what looks like a large forest area.
A man believed to be an Asian was seen among the captives. At some point, he stood in front of the camera, but later moved towards some of the victims who laid on the floor.
One of the captives said, “We are the train passengers that left Abuja for Kaduna on the 27th of March, 2022. On our way, we were attacked and abducted. And between that time and now, only we know the kind of condition we have been in.
“There are mothers and toddlers amongst us. There are old, sickly people. Many of us are sick. We are in a very difficult and painful situation. And so we are calling on our friends and families, and the government too, to do something urgently.”
Another victim who spoke, but didn’t give her name, said she is a staff member of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Kaduna state.
She said, “In my own case, I am a staff of INEC in Kaduna state. I am pleading with the government to please come to our rescue.”
Joy, another abductee who identified herself as a student of Kaduna State University, asked the government to ensure they are rescued safely.
“I’m speaking on behalf of the students. Government should please hear our cry and come to our aid,” Joy said.
A woman identified as Gladys, who said she was an “ex-staff of Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria”, said government should listen to concerns raised by citizens.
“What happened on Monday was needless if the government would have a listening ear and accede to what the populace are talking about,” Gladys said.
A male victim, identified as Adedeji, said he was on his way to Kaduna for eye treatment when he was abducted, but he was not allowed to speak further before the camera rolled over to another person.
While the previous video featured the terrorists speaking, the two videos recently obtained show only the captives speaking and appealing to the government.
Watch the video below:
KanyiDaily had reported that a medical doctor identified as Dr Chinelo Megafo had been confirmed as one of the eight persons killed in the train attack, while 22 passengers were still missing and 171 others are unaccounted for.