in

Train Attack: Alwan Ali-Hassan Regains Freedom After Paying Ransom To Bandits [Video]

Alwan Hassan has been released by his abductors.

The acting Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), Alwan Ali-Hassan has regained his freedom after he was abducted on an Abuja-Kaduna bound train

Train Attack: Alwan Ali-Hassan Regains Freedom After Paying Ransom To Bandits [Video]

Alwan Hassan Released By Bandits

KanyiDaily had reported how a train heading from Abuja to Kaduna was attacked by terrorists who opened fire on 362 passengers on board, killing eight persons and whisking away an unspecified number of people on Monday night, March 28.

The BOA boss, who was declared missing following the train attack, was released alongside some other passengers who were also abducted during the incident.

According to Premium Times, a source close to the family said Hassan was released on Wednesday, April 6, after paying an undisclosed amount as ransom paid on Tuesday evening.

The source said, “I’ve spoken with him today. And I know that ransom was paid but I don’t know how much. I’m not in the position to tell you that. All I know is that I am happy for him and the family. When he was abducted, many people thought it was me.”

READ:  IG of police releases his personal phone number

In a video circulating on social media, the bandits who spoke in Hausa language said they decided to have mercy on Hassan in the spirit of the Ramadan season and his age.

Hassan, who was flanked by the heavily armed bandits, also appealed to the Federal Government to negotiate for the release of other captives, before his own release on Wednesday.

An official of the bank confirmed the release on Wednesday, saying that he (MD) has regained his freedom and in Kaduna now, Punch reports.

But there was no official confirmation neither from the state government nor the state police command as of the time of filing this report.

READ:  VIDEO: Wizkid, Flavour N'abania And Bracket Spotted Chilling By A Sunny Poolside In South Africa

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily had also reported that a medical doctor identified as Dr Chinelo Megafo had been confirmed as one of the eight persons killed in the train attack, while 22 passengers were still missing and 171 others are unaccounted for.

READ:  50-Year-Old Woman, Ajayi Folashade Enrolls In JSS2 Class At Ilorin Grammar School [Photos]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

NURTW Crisis Deepens As National Leadership Sacks MC Oluomo, Dissolves Lagos Council

NURTW Crisis Deepens As National Leadership Sacks MC Oluomo, Dissolves Lagos Council

Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death As Two Police Escorts Die In Abuja Road Accident

Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death As Two Police Escorts Die In Abuja Road Accident