Metro

One Killed As Two-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos

One person has been confirmed dead after a two-storey building collapsed on Freeman Street, Lagos Island.

One Killed As Two-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos

Lagos Building Collapse

According to Daily Trust, the two storey building which was under cconstruction came down on Saturday during a heavy rainfall in the area.

The Lagos Terrorial Head of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed the incident.

One rescued alive and one died. Responders are on the way,” Farinloye said.

READ:  Chief Magistrate Suspended in Nasarawa Over Bribery, Abuse of Power Allegations

Also, officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), and firefighters are currently at the scene of the incident.

Lagos State has become notorious for building collapse in recent times, claiming lives and inflicting injuries.

KanyiDaily recalls that no fewer than 10 persons were also recently killed when a three storey building collapsed at Ebute Metta, Lagos Mainland.

READ:  US Supreme Court Rejects Donald Trump's Lawsuit Seeking To Overturn Election Results

Entertainment47 mins ago