ASUU President Rejects Brekete Family’s N50m Intervention Fund To End Strike

The president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Emmanuel Osodeke has rejected an intervention fund by Brekete Family, a reality television and radio programme focusing on human rights issues, to end the strike.

ASUU President Rejects Brekete Family’s N50m Intervention Fund To End Strike

Ordinary President Ahmed Isah On ASUU Strike

KanyiDaily recalls that ASUU had embarked on a warning strike since February 14, over the failure of the federal government to meet its demands.

Amid the strike, the government and the union have held a series of meetings, but no agreement has been reached by both sides on ending the strike.

Earlier this month, Ahmad Isah, popularly known as Ordinary President, who runs the popular ‘Brekete Family’ programme on 99.9 Human Rights Radio in Abuja, had promised to donate N10 million naira to the cause.

Isah also called on Nigerians to donate into a designated bank account posted on the Brekete Family social media pages and his personal Twitter handle.

READ:  Couple Welcomes Twins After 11 Years Of Marriage And Spending N11m On IVF Treatment

It was gathered the ASUU president and his team were invited on Saturday morning to the radio show, to explain to Nigerians why the union is still on strike.

Isah told Osodeke that he had set up a special intervention bank account domiciled in TAJ Bank to raise funds for the union and also publicly showed N50 million cash donated by Udom Emmanuel, governor of Akwa Ibom state.

Immediately the money was displayed, the ASUU president reportedly frowned at the development and stated that the union shouldn’t be associated with such.

At that point, Isah threatened to terminate the intervention saying, ”I am an individual and as a leader is trying to ensure that the crisis is resolved and the union is saying no to the whole process, it is so disappointing.

READ:  Kano Traders Laments As Onion Bag Sold In South For N35k Crashes To N7k In The North

”I don’t know what will be the next action. I have suspended the crowd funding. After thinking it over, and if there is need for me to revisit it, I will but if not, I will refund everybody’s money and I will withdraw the N10 million I have contributed.

“Udom Emmanuel that has just lost the presidential ticket brought N50 million cash and others were willing to come because I said I was not willing to shift the date I gave. I gave two weeks for us to raise this money and we have the money.

”If only 36 people would bring N50 million, we will have the money. If 20 million Nigerians will contribute N1,000 each, we will have N20 billion. 20 million Nigerians is equivalent to less than 10 per cent of Nigeria population.

”If we cannot solve our own problems, then something is fundamentally wrong with us as a people,” he said.

READ:  Governor El-Rufai Sacks All Kaduna Nurses, Lecturers For Participating In NLC Strike

It was learnt that some Nigerians who phoned in during the programme also reportedly described ASUU as ”insensitive”.

Isah later announced on the station’s official Instagram page @breketefamily that the campaign has been suspended.

“The Brekete ASUU Intervention has been suspended. The accounts will be closed and the money returned to those who donated,” the caption read.

KanyiDaily recalls that Governor Emmanuel Udom had recently urged the Federal Government and the ASUU to end the ongoing strike and re-open the universities in the interest of the students and the country

READ:  Oyo Gov. Seyi Makinde Takes Oath Of Office For Second Term [PHOTOS]

Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Harrysong’s Ex-Wife Reacts After He Accused Her Of Getting Pregnant For Another Man While In Marriage [Video]
Entertainment1 hour ago

"I'm The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent" – Whitemoney

“I’m The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent” – Whitemoney

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For "Carrying Drug" [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For “Carrying Drugs” [Video]

FA Cup Final: Man City 1-2 Man United, Updates, Score, Analysis, Highlights [Video] 1

How My Nude Scene With Eucharia Anunobi Affected My Marriage – Zack Orji [Video]

Harrysong Vows To Expose Evil Deeds Done By His Ex-Wife, KCee, Destiny Etiko And Her Mother

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Make Money With TapSwap
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Making Money With TapSwap

“I Apologies If I Disappointed You” - BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

“I Apologise If I Disappointed You” – BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

Paul Okoye Reportedly Marries Ivy Ifeoma Traditionally Amid Pregnancy Rumours [Video]

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application - How To Apply
Education3 days ago

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application – How To Apply

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First 'Millennial Saint'
World News3 days ago

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First ‘Millennial Saint’

"My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends" – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

“My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends” – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Another Woman Accuses Diddy Of Forcing Her To Have Sεx With Kim Porter While He Mαsturbated

Sanusi Lamido Receives Reinstatement Letter, Turbaned As Emir Of Kano [Photos/Video]

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities 2
Business3 days ago

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities

FG Halt Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project Realignment After Landmark Beach Demolition