Politics

How Igbo Can Produce President Through Me – Atiku

The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar on Thursday, assured the people of the South-East that he is their surest route to the Nigerian presidency if they support him.

Atiku

Atiku Says He Is Going To Be A Stepping Stone To An Igbo President

Atiku stated this while addressing party supporters during his campaign rally in Awka the Anambra State capital.

He, therefore, called for the region’s support for his aspiration.

“I am going to be a stepping stone to an Igbo president in this country. I have shown it in my action because this is the third time I am running with an Igbo man. If you really want to produce a president, then vote Atiku-Okowa ticket,” the former vice president told the gathering.

“I want to thank you, the people of Anambra State, for this warm reception I never thought I will see such a crowd in Anambra State, and believe me, we are not going to forget you, we are going to reward you handsomely.”

Atiku also promised to revive industries in the region, vowing to dredge the River Niger to boost economic activities.

“On our arrival today, we visited their Governor Prof. Soludo, and he said to me: ‘I know you are going to work but make sure that all the federal roads that pass through Anambra State are reconstructed’,” he said.

“And I promised him, I’m going to do that. He said ‘Make sure that you control our erosion because Anambra is the erosion headquarters of the world. Erosion is destroying our farmlands, destroying our houses and everything we have.’

“This is a very gigantic project. And I promised him I’m going to do that, and you know I have worked with Soludo before, he is a first-class patriotic Nigerian.
“You have an excellent governor. He also appealed to me about the Onisha Port and I said this time around we are going to dredge River Niger and Onisha Port will function.

“We are also going to help Anambra industrialise the state so that the state will create as many jobs for our young men and women.

“And you know, I promised to set aside $10 billion to promote small-scale and medium enterprise for our young men and women so that they can be independent.”

Atiku’s running mate Ifeanyi Okowa, who accompanied him to the rally, said the PDP chieftain is the best option for Nigeria.

“Our party has brought out Atiku Abubakar as our presidential candidate,” the Delta State governor said.

“We ask all of you to work hard in Anambra state because Atiku Abubakar is a good product. Among all the aspirants, only Atiku Abubakar has the requisite experience to recover the country from the hardship created by the APC government.”

In other news, Kanyi Daily reported how the Ogun State Police Command arrested a 49-year-old man for bathing with blood with the claim it was to solve a spiritual problem.

The man, Ganiyu Shina of No 4, Oguji street, Obantoko Abeokuta, was bathing in the blood at a community river in the kotopo area of Odeda local government.

READ:  Bandits Kill Three Niger PDP Delegates Ahead Of Governorship Primary

Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 1
News10 hours ago

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters

Yul Edochie Places N1m Bounty On People Plotting To Hurt His Children, Kill Judy Austin

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” - Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” – Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman
Sports1 day ago

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him - Sophia Momodu

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him – Sophia Momodu

Unregistered Tiger Nut Drinks Caused Lagos Cholera Outbreak, Death Toll Rises To 24
Health1 day ago

Sister Of Abuja Cab Driver Accused By Daniella Peters Denies Kidnap Allegations [Video]

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Fubara Appoints Wodo To Replace Wike’s Ally Awuse As Chairman Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Council

Dammy Krane Continues 'Murder' Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

Dammy Krane Continues ‘Murder’ Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja - BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja – BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja
Metro2 days ago

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger - Joe Igbokwe

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger – Joe Igbokwe

"They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened" - Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

“They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened” – Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

The Engagement Ring I Gave Chioma Can Buy 3 Rolls Royce - Davido Brags [Video]

The Engagement Ring I Gave Chioma Can Buy 3 Rolls Royce – Davido Brags [Video]

"I’ll Never Be A 50/50 Man" – IK Osakioduwa Says He'll Never Split Bill With His Wife [Video]

“I’ll Never Be A 50/50 Man” – IK Osakioduwa Says He’ll Never Split Bill With His Wife [Video]

Kano Government Orders Bayero's Eviction From Mini Palace, Demolition Of Building

Kano Government Orders Bayero’s Eviction From Mini Palace, Demolition Of Building