Entertainment

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She Cried While Fighting With Mercy Johnson On Movie Set [Video]

Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele has opened up about the famous movie scene that saw her fighting with her colleague, Mercy Johnson at the market.

During an interview, the actress opened up her challenges that almost ruined her shoot on the set of “Battle on Bukka Street”

Funke said something personal happened to her on the day of the movie shoot and she cried heavily before going on set to film the fighting scene with Mercy in the market.

The actress said she almost gave up shooting the market scene, but she had to find the courage to finish after reminding herself that she had gone too far to suddenly quit or give up.

She said, “The major challenge while shooting Battle on Buka street was the famous market scene, a scene I filmed when I was very sad.

“It was one of my saddest days on earth, something very personal happened, I broke down heavily and I couldn’t film and I told myself Funke, challenges will come.

READ:  dbanj And Kanye West Star In New Movie!

“So I braced up, summoned up courage and filmed the scene, I went and fought Mercy.

“I came back and I was panting, I was tired because I had cried before but we had to just keep shooting and.

“I had started well and needed to end it well too and it was the last day on set.

“Later we still ran, we still had to shout and I still went ahead to pray with the crew and destroy Bukka street.

“So, whatever you do, challenges will come, always pray for strength to keep it on cos it won’t always be easy.”

READ:  Nigerian Senator Caught On Camera Assaulting Woman At Sex Toy Shop In Abuja [Video]

Sharing the video with motivating words she wrote, “No matter how much one gets beaten down in life, one must always stay strong because like the quote above says, we become the most vulnerable when we cower in fear.

“When we give in to our sadness, it means we have allowed our weakness to overtake us and nothing can be achieved in life with this type of attitude.

-Never be afraid to make mistakes.

-Never stay down when you fall; make sure you rise and keep moving.

-Never be intimidated!

-Always believe in yourself and give no room for doubt.”

READ:  'I was offered N5000 to work as lawyer'– MC Lively on why he quit law for comedy

Watch the video below:

Meanwhile, Nollywood actor Adeniyi Johnson had revealed that he was scared when Funke Akindele told him to kiss Mercy Aigbe in a movie.

READ:  Kylie Jenner Is Now The World's Youngest Billionaire At The Age Of 21

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]
Celebrities15 mins ago

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]

Nigerians Reacts As Seun Kuti Bows To Greet Will Smith’s Daughter, Willow [Video]

There's Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

There’s Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

Multichoice Reduces Prices For DStv, GOtv Packages After Losing Million Subscribers
News16 hours ago

"Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

“Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

"Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

“Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

Eedris Abdulkareem Drags Pastor Adeboye, President Tinubu In New Song, ‘Emi Lokan’

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil - Toke Makinwa

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil – Toke Makinwa

“Women Are The Reason Why Some Men Aren’t Responsible Fathers” – Daddy Freeze Replies Kate Henshaw

Wizkid's Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Wizkid’s Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Anita Okoye Celebrates Ex-Husband Paul Okoye On Father’s Day Despite His Remarriage

Actress Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead