UK police has arrested Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The arrest is connected to allegations linked to Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender.
Thames Valley Police confirmed the detention on Thursday, coinciding with Andrew’s 66th birthday.
According to BBC, Andrew remains in custody while officers carry out searches at his homes in Berkshire and Norfolk.
The investigation centers on claims that the former Duke of York, who lost his royal titles in 2022, shared confidential information from his time as a UK trade envoy with Epstein.
There are also allegations involving a second woman reportedly sent to the UK by Epstein for a sexual encounter with Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
The former prince has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing related to Epstein or other claims.
Earlier today, unmarked police vehicles were seen arriving at his Norfolk home on the Sandringham Estate, with officers conducting searches around the property.
Oliver Wright, assistant chief constable of Thames Valley Police, said the investigation is thorough and stressed the importance of maintaining the integrity of the process amid high public interest.
Police have not named the suspect publicly, warning that reporting details could risk contempt of court.
A statement from Thames Valley Police said: “As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
“The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance.
“‘Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”
KanyiDaily recalls that last year, King Charles III removed “prince” from Andrew’s title and ordered him to leave his residence at Windsor.


