Metro
Gunmen Attack Niger Communities, Abduct Muslim Worshippers After Juma’at Prayer
Gunmen have abducted an unspecified number of Muslim worshippers in several communities in Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State.

The incident reportedly happened on Friday shortly after the Juma’at prayer at the central mosque in Dekara community.
Security sources and eyewitnesses cited by counter-insurgency publication Zagazola Makama, said the gunmen also abducted worshippers in Gidan Zana, Masaka and Sabon Gida.
A 90-year-old man, identified as the father of the district head of Dekara, was among those reportedly kidnapped by the gunmen.
Confirming the incident, spokesperson of the Niger State Police Command, Wasiu Abiodun, said security agencies had deployed personnel to search for the victims and rescue those abducted.
Abiodun said there had been no reported deaths from the attack so far and that efforts were underway to identify and arrest the perpetrators.
He explained that difficult terrain and bad roads were making it harder for security teams to reach the affected areas.
The police spokesman also said a bridge connecting the communities to the Borgu LGA headquarters had collapsed, further delaying the movement of security personnel and the rescue operation.
According to him, security agencies are working to deal with the logistical difficulties and step up efforts to find the abducted worshippers and bring them to safety.
ALSO READ: Gunmen Kill Two Policemen, Abduct Chinese, Nigerian Worker At Kwara Mining Site





!["We Don’t Want To See You Again" - Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video] 13 "We Don’t Want To See You Again" - Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video]](https://www.kanyidaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/InCollage_20260821_073741372-80x80.jpg)
