Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Blasts Osinbajo For ‘Shaku Shaku’ Dance Comment

Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Blasts Osinbajo For 'Shaku Shaku' Dance Comment 3

Following yesterday’s report where the Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo said that his friend recently polled a large number of votes just by dancing, so he’s making it a point of duty to learn how to do the ‘Shaku Shaku’ dance ahead of the 2019 general elections because nobody knows what will work in Nigerian politics. Read the report HERE.

Peter Obi who is the vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), reacted to Osinbajo’s ‘Shaku Shaku’ dance comment at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja on his return from Dubai on Monday, October 29, 2018.

According to Peter Obi, this period calls for sober reflection, and learning how to dance is the least of the problems facing Nigeria. He said:

“I have not had the opportunity of reading his comments as I haven’t seen the dailies. I know Vice-President Osibanjo is a gentleman and may not have made such a comment.

“However, while I am not against people dancing or learning how to dance ‘Shaku Shaku’, as I believe it is one of those things that is keeping our people going on in this very difficult times, I believe that the crossroads that we have found ourselves in as a nation requires sober reflection.

“For me in particular, this period calls for sober reflection not dancing or learning how to dance as there are many challenges facing our nation at the moment. Not the least being recently having our country named the world headquarters of extreme poverty with over eighty seven million people. Worse still millions more are losing their jobs, with four million by the third quarter of this year alone.

“Millions of Nigerians go to bed hungry not knowing where the meal for the next day will come from, hundreds of thousands risk death by crossing the Sahara and the Mediterranean Sea to wherever they can make a living.

“These and other challenges are indicative of the dire straits facing us as a nation today. And these are what we on the Atiku team are spending our time with the best minds on how to start creating jobs and putting food on people’s table. We must get Nigeria to start working again for the good of everyone.”

Business26 mins ago