Some States In Nigeria Now Enjoy ‘Almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola

Some States In Nigeria Now Enjoy 'Almost 24 Hours' Power Supply – Fashola 3

Nigeria’s Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, claims that some states in Nigeria can now boast of having almost 24 hours constant power supply.

Fashola said this on the Sunrise Daily programme of Channels Television on Wednesday. He said:

“Sitting down here I can tell you some states that have almost 24 hours – Kebbi, Yobe. Some have five, some have 10 and there are still outages.”

He said the constant power supply in some states is due to the increase in the transmission capacity, noting that the transmission capacity has grown to about 8,100 watts as of December 2018.

He said the Ministry of Power has moved forward but needs to implement the short term goals it set.

Fashola also spoke about programmes which the ministry have put in place to ensure adequate power supply across the nation. He said:

“The government has decided that as 40 per cent holder of everything in the distribution of power, we have our programme to invest N72 billion which will involve installing transformers and all of that.

“We created a metre access provider regulation. What it does is to create a new plan of investment programme. We manufacture, produce, supply and install metres and fill the gap the distribution companies cannot raise capital to fill. They cannot do so alone, they must do so under a procurement policy with the distribution company.

The former Lagos State governor said the Federal Government will solve the problems of poor power supply in the country and will continue to keep the people informed as to the watts being consumed in the country.

Business20 hours ago