Nigerians Blast Fayemi, El-rufai, Sanusi For Attending ‘Boycotted’ Event In South Africa

Nigerians Blast Fayemi, El-rufai, Sanusi For Attending 'Boycotted' Event In South Africa 3

Nigerians have been reacting outrageously to the presence of Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State and Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II in South Africa, amid protests by Nigerians and other countries against xenophobic attacks by South Africans.

Fayemi, El-rufai and Sanusi are currently facing heavy criticism by some Nigerians on Twitter for attending an event in South Africa despite the Federal Government shunning the ongoing World Economic Forum (WEF) to protest the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians residing in South Africa.

The Federal Government had on Wednesday announced its withdrawal from the World Economic Forum holding in Cape Town over the xenophobic attacks.

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Personal Assistant on New Media, Bashir Ahmad, had tweeted that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo was to represent Nigeria at the WEF, but “he had called it off in reaction to these gruesome attacks on Nigerians.”

By Wednesday evening, a former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, and Chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Jim Ovia are both under heavy attack for attending the World Economic Forum (WEF) meeting holding in South Africa, despite being boycotted by President Buhari.

Another set of pictures surfaced across social media showing Fayemi, El-rufai and Sanusi are at an event in South Africa. Many Nigerians expressed outrage over their attendance to the event amidst diplomatic rows between Nigeria and South Africa.

News1 day ago