An unidentified middle-aged man was allegedly electrocuted to death by high tension cable in Boji Boji metropolis, Agbor Area of Delta State.
According to Nigerian Tribune, an eyewitness said the young man believed to be a businessman, met his untimely death over the weekend while riding on his motorcycle along the Old Lagos Asaba Road, close to Mary Mount College.
It was revealed that the high-tension wire belonging the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) suddenly snapped on his back which made him fall uncontrollably on the tarred road.
However, the management of BEDC claimed the victim who was rushed to a private hospital by good samaritans was treated and immediately discharged ” from the information we got”.
Some eyewitnesses who spoke with reporters insisted the man could not make it as he died because he was seriously burnt by the high-tension wire.
It was learnt that it took the effort of some individuals who put calls across to BEDC office before power was switched off from the cable to avert more casualties.
Officials of the power company were said to have later visited the scene to clear the cable.
When contacted, the public affairs manager of BEDC in Asaba Mrs Esther Okolie described the incident as a disaster and unfortunate adding that the Agbor office was investigating the matter.
KanyiDaily had also reported how a footballer was electrocuted to death when his head mistakenly came in contact with a naked electric wire at a betting shop in Ejigbo area of Lagos State.