in

#OrluMassacre: We’ll Hold Uzodinma Responsible For Any Life Lost In Imo – Ohanaeze

“Ndigbo will hold Governor Uzodinma accountable and responsible for any life lost in Imo state under any circumstances.”

Ohanaeze Ndigbo has said that Governor Hope Uzodinma would be held responsible for any life lost in Imo State, following a clash between the Nigerian Soldiers and members of Eastern Security Network (ESN) set up by the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB).

#OrluMassacre: We’ll Hold Uzodinma Responsible For Any Life Lost In Imo - Ohanaeze 1

KanyiDaily had reported that there was a violent clash between soldiers and IPOB’s eastern security network in Orlu, leading to many injuries and deaths on Monday.

In a statement on Tuesday, the Chidi Ibeh-led Ohanaeze Ndigbo faction said it has launched investigations into the clash, adding that Governor Uzodinma must ensure that normalcy is immediately restored in Orlu.

The statement signed by Kalu Mkpa Uduma, Media Adviser to the factions Secretary-General, said there are proofs that property worth billions of Naira were destroyed “and we call for truce and settlements of those that lost their lives and properties in the clash.”

READ ALSO  Coronavirus: Infected Nigerians Must Come Out From Hiding To Avoid Dangerous Situation - Minister

“We believe in the advancement of Igbo genuine courses in Nigeria. We have the mandate of Igbos to engage Nigerian authorities on the grievances of Igbo youths,” the faction added.

The group said the remote cause of Biafra agitation must be addressed, insisting that dialogue remains the global asset of settling disputes.

“We urge President Muhammadu Buhari to take appropriate actions to ensure that there’s dialogue between him and IPOB, as what’s good for the goose is also good for the gander.

READ ALSO  Boko Haram Left With Some Female Students Of Federal Government College Yobe + Read What One Of The Survivors Said

“Governor Uzodinma should be wary of verdict of history. Whatever decisions taken today in the course of protecting lives and properties should not involve military operations in civil disobedience or self-determination.

“Ndigbo will hold Governor Uzodinma accountable and responsible for any life lost in Imo state under any circumstances,” the statement reads.

Meanwhile, Governor Uzodinma had already imposed a 12-hour curfew in Orlu and ordered security agencies to immediately arrest those behind the incident and bring them to book.

READ ALSO  Africa’s Richest Woman, Isabel dos Santos Loses Her Husband In Diving Accident In Dubai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

25 Guns Recovered As Amotekun Arrests Truckload Of Fulani Men Going To Oyo [Photos] 10

25 Guns Recovered As Amotekun Arrests Truckload Of Fulani Men Going To Oyo [Photos]

General Buratai and other service chiefs sacked with immediate effect - Breaking News 11

General Buratai and other service chiefs sacked with immediate effect – Breaking News