Metro

Aba residents ordered back to their houses as gunshots rocks police area command in Aba

There is chaos in Aba a commercial city in Abia State as gunshots rock the city and police officers are out in full force with sirens blaring.

A police area command in Aba, the commercial town in Abia State is reportedly being rocked by gunshots.

Residents were going about their normal activities when sounds of gunshots blazed across the town.

All roads around the police command have been barricaded and residents ordered back to their homes.

The security operatives reportedly got intelligence that the gunmen that unleashed terror on prisons and police stations in Imo State are currently on their way to Aba Area Command.

READ: Nnamdi Kanu Justifies Owerri Prison Break, Says Nobody Deserves To Be Jailed In Nigeria

UPDATE: The gunshots are from the police officers at the command who are displaying ”show of force”

A show of force is a military operation intended to warn (such as a warning shot) or to intimidate an opponent by showcasing a capability or will to act if one is provoked.

A display of one’s power, influence, or capability to cause harm, meant to act as a warning or deterrent to others

ALSO READ: IPOB, ESN Behind Attack On Owerri Prison And Police Command — IGP Adamu Mohammed

Meanwhile, IPOB has denied carrying out the attacks on the federal prison and police command headquarters in Owerri.

The group’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, maintained that “the group was formed on the principle of peace and would not compromise its principles, and would not also attack government facilities”.

”IPOB and Eastern Security Network, ESN, are known groups, not unknown gunmen. ESN is in the bush chasing terrorists and has no business with the said attacks.

Read the full press release here -> “We Are Not Unknown Gunmen” – IPOB Denies Attacking Owerri Prison And Police Headquarters

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 2
Business19 hours ago