Politics

BREAKING: Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Dumps PDP For APC

Cross Rivers State Governor, Ben Ayade has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

BREAKING: Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Dumps PDP For APC 3

Aayde announced his decision on Thursday morning in a meeting with six APC governors who visited him at the Government House.

The six APC governors who visited Ayade include Governors of Kebbi, Imo, Yobe, Plateau, Jigawa and Ekiti State.

They were led by Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State and chairman of the party’s Caretaker Committee.

Governor Ayade said his defection was to align the state with the ruling party at the centre for prosperous growth and development and to also join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari in building the nation.

READ:  BREAKING: APC’s Uba Sani Wins Kaduna Guber Poll

“Buhari’s commitment to the development of the country is commendable. It is obvious at this point that we need to join hands with him to build a nation that we all can be proud of.

“As a team, we want to work with Mr President towards building a prosperous country that his succession process in 2023 will come without fear and hitches. If we as governors join hands with the President and agree on a way to govern this country, we will make progress.

“Having recognised the issue of our youths and unemployment, it is my responsibility as the leader of the party to do what I can to assist the President in the building process,” he said.

Ayade added, ”We need to position Cross River at the centre of activities and on that note, I declare Cross River as an APC state.”

Governor Ayade’s defection came six months after his Ebonyi State counterpart, David Umahi, also left the PDP citing “injustice” meted out to the South-east by the party as the reason for his departure.

READ:  2023: If Elected, I’ll Make North's Arable Land Become Nigeria’s New Oil - Peter Obi

Business43 mins ago