“Any Attempt To Assassinate Nnamdi Kanu Will End Nigeria” – Ohanaeze Ndigbo

Ohanaeze Ndigbo has warned that Nigeria would cease to exist if Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), is assassinated in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS).

“Any Attempt To Assassinate Nnamdi Kanu Will End Nigeria" - Ohanaeze Ndigbo

In a statement by its Secretary-General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro on Friday, Ohanaeze said that any attempt “to assassinate Nnamdi Kanu will end up Nigeria and the Federal Government knows the consequences of hurting a British citizen in their custody”

The group commended Igbo leaders for opening up a dialogue over the release of the IPOB leader, with President Muhammadu Buhari without any South-East politicians’ usual manipulative infusions.

Ohanaeze also urged IPOB members to hold both the present and past South-East politicians accountable for squandering the people’s resources from 1999 to date before tackling Buhari.

READ:  #EndSARS: Nigerian Woman, Asanya Ndidi Protests Police Brutality Inside National Assembly [Video]

The statement reads: “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide has commended President Buhari for initiating a dialogue with neutral Igbo leaders led by Pa Mbazulike Amaechi without any South-East politicians’ usual manipulative infusions. Igbo politicians are the major problem in the South-East.

“The process for the release of Nnamdi Kanu has begun with the closed-door meeting of Buhari and Igbo leaders held today (Friday) at Abuja, we hope that FG will be sincere enough to keep their side of the bargain and shouldn’t be listening to the deceitful tales of the South-East politicians.

“IPOB should channel their antagonism on the South-East politicians that have squandered the people’s resources from 1999 to date, IPOB should conduct forensic scrutiny on the financial recklessness of former South-East governors, former federal lawmakers, and others who have received allocation and constituency funds since 1999 to date, and if IPOB tackles South-East politicians, they will sit up and render their stewardship to the people, we must hold our leaders accountable, as they constitute the major problem in the southeast, Ipob should face southeast political leaders before tackling Buhari.

READ:  SARS Disbandment Created A Vacuum In Policing, SWAT Not Fully Operational - Police IG

“Attempts to assassinate Nnamdi Kanu will end up Nigeria and the Federal Government knows the consequences of hurting a British citizen in their custody, such stories of assassination attempts is a ruse and will likely lead to creating disaffection to the already sealed deal between FG and neutral Igbo leaders to subtle put procedures for the release of Nnamdi Kanu.

“South-East political leaders should face the consequences of their leadership failure in the South-East over the years, IPOB should query where there are no available hospitals, schools in the rural areas of the South-East, this is the new narrative to move and it will make southeast political leaders face developmental projects rather than siphoning the wealth of the people.”

KanyiDaily recalls that yesterday, President Buhari assured Igbo leaders who visited him that he would consider the unconditional release of Nnamdi Kanu.

READ:  Plagiarism: I did not write my speech, CBN did, say Sanusi