Metro

Ibadan Socialite, Ajayi Temitope Arrested By EFCC Over Alleged N25 Million Fraud

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a socialite based in Ibadan, Oluwabukola Temitope Ajayi, for alleged N25 million fraud.

The EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, who disclosed in a statement on Friday, said that the 42-year-old socialite was arrested by operatives of the Ibadan Zonal Command of the agency following a series of petitions against her.

The statement reads, “Operatives of the Ibadan Zonal Command of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested one Ajayi Oluwabukola Temitope, for allegedly obtaining money to the tune of N24,955,000. 00 (Twenty Four Million, Nine Hundred and Fifty-Five Thousand Naira) by false pretence.

“The 42-year-old Ibadan socialite was arrested following a series of petitions in which the suspect who claims to be a registered dealer with soft drinks manufacturers in Ibadan, Oyo state promised to supply products to complaints but failed after collecting money from them.

READ:  Biafra: Nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke Reveals Why Igbo People Should Leave Nigeria

“In one of the petitions, Ajayi promised to supply a truckload of carbonated soft drinks worth N17, 375,000 (Seventeen Million, Three Hundred and Seventy-Five Thousand Naira Only) from Ibadan to Mabera Trading Company and Altine Musa in Sokoto but failed to do so.

“In the same vein, she also allegedly promised to supply soft drinks worth N7, 580,000 (Seven Million Five Hundred and Eighty Thousand Naira) to one Bashiru Musa, a businessman based in Sokoto and Ibadan but never did.

“The suspect will be charged to court as soon as the investigation is concluded.”

KanyiDaily had also reported that the EFCC arrested the recently appointed Managing Director of First Bank of Nigeria Holdings Plc, Nnamdi Okonkwo, over $72.87 million linked to former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

READ:  Watch The Moment A Beggar Gave Money To Stranger Who Begged Him [Video]