Politics

PDP House Of Reps Aspirant Slumps After Losing Party’s Ticket In Delta (Video)

A House of Representative aspirant, Dr. Philip Okwuada, slumped on Sunday, May 22, after he lost the party’s ticket to contest in the incoming 2023 general election.

PDP House Of Reps Aspirant Slumps After Losing Party's Ticket In Delta (Video) 3
Okwuada who hails from Ika Federal constituency, North-West of Delta State, was contesting under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He eventually lost consciousness and fell after his opponent Hon. Victor Nwokolo won the party’s ticket.

Reports have it that Okwuada had resigned from his appointment as Senior Special Assistant (Livestock Development) to the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, in order to pursue his political ambition.

A clip of the moment he fell while an interview was going on was also shared on social media.

A Twitter user identified by his handle as @GbengaGold claimed that Okwuada collapsed not because of his people but after remembering how the delegates he paid were chanting songs of victory prior to the counting of the votes.

He wrote:

Phillip Okwuada Slumps After He Lost House Of Reps PDP primaries in Ika Delta State. He slumped not because of his people but after remembering how the Delegates he paid cash were shouting ‘Winner ohhh ooo ohh..Winner ohh’ to him before the votes were counted. Hope he survives.🙏

Watch the video below:

In other news, the EFCC recently stormed the house of the former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha in Abuja.