Politics

Yobe North: I Won’t Appeal Judgement – Senate President Ahmed Lawan

Senate President, Ahmed Lawan has accepted his fate, saying he will not appeal the judgement delivered on Wednesday by the Federal High Court, Damaturu, in Yobe State, with respect to the forthcoming Yobe North senatorial district election.

Bashir Machina Wins Ahmad Lawan In Court For APC Yobe North Senatorial Seat

Senate President, Ahmed Lawan Reacts To Yobe High Court Judgement

Lawan stated this in a statement issued on Thursday, September 29th.

According to him, he has accepted the judgment of the court which disqualified his candidature and participation in the 2023 general election.

Lawan said, “Yesterday, Wednesday, September 28, 2022, the Federal High Court in Damaturu delivered judgment on the rightful candidate for Yobe North Senatorial District for the 2023 National Assembly elections.

READ:  Despite Tinubu’s Ambition, Osinbajo Tells Buhari He Wants To Run For 2023 Presidency

“The said judgement disqualifies my candidature and therefore my participation in the elections.

“After due consultations with my political associates, supporters and well-wishers, I have decided not to appeal against the judgement. I accept the judgement.”

The senate president further appreciated his governor and his constituency member for their support.

He added, “I deem it appropriate to thank His Excellency, Senator Ibrahim Gaidam for the leadership role in the APC political family in Yobe State. I also thank His Excellency, Governor Mai Mala Buni for the support and brotherhood.

READ:  Valentine Ozigbo Resigns From PDP, Declares Support For Peter Obi's Presidential Bid

“To my constituents, I thank you all for your unflinching support, loyalty and unreserved commitment to the course of building our people and Yobe North Senatorial District and indeed Yobe State.

“I want to assure you that I will continue to serve you in my personal and any other capacity at all times.”

“We journeyed together for a long time, and this journey will remain a life long journey. It has been a wonderful relationship and it can only get stronger. I am indebted to you all. Alhamdulillah,” he added.

Recall that Kanyi Daily had reported that Justice Fadima Aminu at a Damaturu Federal High Court on Wednesday declared Bashir Machina as the rightfully elected candidate of the senatorial district.

READ:  Udom Emmanuel Will Always Be My Leader- Governor Eno

The judge also ordered the All Progressives Congress (APC) to forward the name of Machina to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the authentic winner of the primary, which was held on the 28/05/2022.

Aminu described the primary election where Lawan emerged as the candidate as “phantom.”

For about four months, Machina and Lawan, who is representing Yobe North in the Red Chamber have been at loggerheads over the ticket won by the former at the primary held on June 9, 2022.

Lawan had contested the presidential primary of the APC at about the same time as the senatorial primary won by Machina.

He however, lost the ticket to Bola Tinubu, a development that forced him to jostle for the senatorial ticket but Machina insisted that he won’t step down.

Lawan has been in the National Assembly as a federal lawmaker for 23 unbroken years.

READ:  God Allowed Nigeria Get Away With Stupid Things, I Pray He Doesn’t Give Up On Us – Obasanjo

Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” - Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” – Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him - Sophia Momodu

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him – Sophia Momodu

Unregistered Tiger Nut Drinks Caused Lagos Cholera Outbreak, Death Toll Rises To 24
Health11 hours ago

Sister Of Abuja Cab Driver Accused By Daniella Peters Denies Kidnap Allegations [Video]

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Fubara Appoints Wodo To Replace Wike’s Ally Awuse As Chairman Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Council
Politics15 hours ago

Dammy Krane Continues 'Murder' Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

Dammy Krane Continues ‘Murder’ Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja - BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja – BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja
Metro1 day ago

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger - Joe Igbokwe

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger – Joe Igbokwe

"They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened" - Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

“They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened” – Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

The Engagement Ring I Gave Chioma Can Buy 3 Rolls Royce - Davido Brags [Video]

The Engagement Ring I Gave Chioma Can Buy 3 Rolls Royce – Davido Brags [Video]

"I’ll Never Be A 50/50 Man" – IK Osakioduwa Says He'll Never Split Bill With His Wife [Video]

“I’ll Never Be A 50/50 Man” – IK Osakioduwa Says He’ll Never Split Bill With His Wife [Video]

Kano Government Orders Bayero's Eviction From Mini Palace, Demolition Of Building

Kano Government Orders Bayero’s Eviction From Mini Palace, Demolition Of Building

Jaywon Tackles Ayra Starr And Her Supporters For Disrespectful Use Of Their Photo

Bianca Censori Goes Topless In Suspenders For Dinner With Kanye West [Photos]

Bianca Censori Goes Topless In Suspenders For Dinner With Kanye West [Photos]

Kanayo Accuses Angel Unigwe And Her Mother Of Contract Breach, Threatens Disruptions [Video]

“I Have Only 10 Years Left To Look Beautiful” – Kim Kardashian