Sports

Brazil’s Ronaldo Tips France For World Cup Glory

Brazil’s former football star, Ronaldo has tipped France to win the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and retain their title, ahead of his country’s great sporting rival, Argentina.

Brazil’s Ronaldo Tips France For World Cup Glory 3

Ronaldo Reveals Country To Lift World Cup

Lionel Messi appears to have one final chance to lift the only major trophy missing from his collection, but Ronaldo is not backing his country.

Messi’s Argentina faces Croatia in Tuesday’s semi-finals in the global tournament.

I’m not going to be a hypocrite and say I’ll be happy for Argentina” if they win the World Cup, said Ronaldo. “But I see football as a romantic. And I will appreciate any champion.”

“Since the beginning, my prediction has always been Brazil and France in the final,” the two-time World Cup winner told media including AFP at a roundtable in Doha.

READ:  Qatar 2022: What Argentina Must Do With Messi To Win World Cup Final - Pochettino

“Brazil is no longer there. But France, match after match, are backing up their status as favourites and I still see them as the big favourites.”

Ronaldo, who scored both goals in the 2002 World Cup final against Germany, expects France to see off surprise semi-finalists Morocco on Wednesday.

“I would really like (Morocco to win) but I don’t think they will. I think France has a very solid team, whether it’s in defence, attack or midfield,” said the twice former Ballon d’Or winner.

Ronaldo has in particular been impressed by Kylian Mbappe, the tournament’s leading scorer in Qatar with five goals.

“He knows how to use his skills, how to go faster than the others. And he uses them to give assists or to score,” said Ronaldo, who expects the 23-year-old Mbappe to shatter numerous records.

READ:  Osimhen names strongest defenders he has faced

“He has the time, the skills, he’s thirsty and he has the talent to conquer it all, that’s for sure.”

Ronaldo paid tribute to Morocco’s performances after the Atlas Lions became the first African side to reach a World Cup semi-final and the first Arab team to do so.

It’s a great football story that an African team is in the semi-finals of a World Cup,” he said. “I saw the reactions in Morocco, what football gives us is very beautiful.”

In other news, Kanyi Daily reported that Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State has argued that the gunmen’ attack at the Owerri office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was “politically contrived.”

READ:  LaLiga: I’m very upset – Xavi criticizes Barcelona players after Valencia draw

Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody
News2 hours ago

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody

"If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

“If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

"I'll Retire As Young Billionaire" - BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

“I’ll Retire As Young Billionaire” – BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

Jaywon Slams People Who Are 'Judging' Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Jaywon Slams People Who Are ‘Judging’ Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi, Foreign Minister, 7 Others Confirmed Dead In Helicopter Crash
World News8 hours ago

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi's Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi’s Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” BBNaija's Doyin David [Video]

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” – BBNaija’s Doyin David [Video]

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Caught On Camera Beating, Kicking His Ex-Girlfriend, Cassie Ventura [Video]

Sean ”Diddy” Combs apologises after horrific video of him assaulting ex girlfriend Cassie goes viral

Christian Malanga Dead as Government forces foil coup in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 10
World News23 hours ago

“I've Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

“I’ve Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

Iran President Ebrahim Raisi Feared Dead as helicopter crashes and is yet to be found 11
News1 day ago

Fans Request Refund Of $50,000 Donations After Korra Obidi Travelled To Hawaii For Vacation

I’m A Godfather To Wizkid, Davido And Burna Boy – Oritsefemi [Video]

I’m A Godfather To Wizkid, Davido And Burna Boy – Oritsefemi [Video]

Oritsefemi Blames Caroline Danjuma For Making Him Marry His Ex-Wife, Nabila Fash [Video]

Oleksandr Usyk Beats Tyson Fury To Become Undisputed Heavyweight Championship [Highlights}
Sports1 day ago

"Mohbad Rejected His Son, Saying He Only Slept With Wunmi Once" – Late Singer's Father

“Mohbad Rejected His Son, Saying He Only Slept With Wunmi Once” – Late Singer’s Father

Women’s Super League: Chelsea Wins Fifth Consecutive WSL Title With 6-0 Victory Over Man Utd

"I Had A Crush On Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter" – Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Reveals [Video]

“I Had A Crush On Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter” – Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Reveals [Video]

Manchester City Star, Phil Foden Wins Premier League Player Of The Season