Outrage As Tinubu Delegates People To Answer Questions For Him At Chatham House

The presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has come under fire after he delegated some members of the party to respond to questions posed to him at the Chatham House in London, the United Kingdom.

Outrage As Tinubu Delegates People To Answer Questions For Him At Chatham House

Tinubu Answer Questions By ‘Proxy’ At Chatham House

The former Lagos governor was in Chatham House on Monday, December 5, to speak to Nigerians in the Diaspora on why he should be elected as president in 2023.

KanyiDaily had reported that Tinubu spoke on the topic titled “Nigeria’s 2023 Elections: Security & Economic Development and Its Foreign Policy Imperatives”.

After Tinubu’s speech, some members of the audience asked him some questions bordering on insecurity, oil theft, education, economy, and how he planned to address crises in those areas if he became president.

As he was asked by the moderator to respond to the questions, Tinubu said he would assign some members of his entourage to do so.

READ:  Amotekun Arrest 30-Year-Old Man For Alleged Defilement of 9-Year-Old Girl in Osun

He assigned Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai to speak on how his (Tinubu-led) government would address insecurity and asked the Director of Strategic Communication of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, Dele Aleke, to respond to the question on oil theft.

Tinubu also delegated a former Commissioner for Finance in Lagos State, Wale Edun, to respond to a question on how he (Tinubu) would boost the economy if elected.

Cross Rivers State Governor, Ben Ayade was also given the chance to respond to some of the questions directed at the 70-year-old presidential candidate.

Other APC loyalists with Tinubu at the world-leading policy institute and think-tank are the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila; and his Jigawa State counterparty, Abubakar Badaru; former Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi; among others.

Many Nigerians on social media are calling out the APC presidential candidate for ’embarrassing Nigeria’ by not responding to the questions directed at him.

READ:  Father Ties Up Six-Year-Old Daughter And Locks Her for Being A Witch

See some reactions on Twitter below:

This comes a few days after the spokesman of the APC presidential campaign council, Festus Keyamo addressed reports that Bola Tinubu was denied a visa by the United States Embassy.

READ:  Thief Caught At Shoprite In Lagos, Rescued From Being Lynched By Mob [Photos]

Business53 mins ago