PHOTOSPEAKS

VIDEO: Nigerian Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital

A video has emerged of a woman ranting at patients in a hospital waiting room. The two-minute clip, filmed on Saturday night at Ipswich Hospital in Suffolk, saw the woman shout abuse at students Gina Thompson, 23, of Nigeria, and her 21-year-old Spanish friend. The woman asked them where they came from before saying: “You’re coming over here and you’re pleading poverty. We are paying taxes, you a**holes, and we are going down in this crisis.”

Watch the video above, meanwhile click read more below to continue reading

The incident took place at 7:30pm in the hospital’s accident and emergency department waiting room, where Miss Thompson had gone with her friend who had sprained her ankle playing sports. Miss Thompson, of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, is a film and media student at University Campus Suffolk and has been in the UK for two years, while her friend from Seville, Spain, arrived last September.

The woman shouted in front of about 20 shocked patients and friends or relatives: “‘What has happened to this f*****g country?!”, before directly abusing Miss Thompson. She asked her “Where do you come from?”, to which Miss Thompson replied: “What does it matter where I’m from?” The woman then continued: “We are paying taxes you a**holes and we are going down in this crisis”, before Miss Thompson replied:

“Don’t call me an a**hole”.

But the woman wouldn’t calm down: “I will, because you’re coming over here and you’re pleading poverty. I am not well.” But Miss Thompson responded: “You won’t call me an a**hole. I will not accept that. Don’t call me an a**hole. Don’t come to my face and insult me. You won’t do that. Calling me an a**hole? Are you alright?”

The woman said back: “Don’t accept it, you fat a**hole,” before a voice off camera said the police had been called. The woman was then apprehended by a group of nurses, paramedics and security guards, saying: “There’s a revolution going on here.”

Miss Thompson told MailOnline after the incident: “I was so embarrassed and I couldn’t do anything because I was stuck in the situation, so we just had to laugh about it. All the attention was on us. She said I’ve come here to claim poverty. That’s not true. I’m an international student and I pay £13,000 a year in tuition fees. My friend is a student here from Spain.”

“It made me feel low of myself. I had to go back home and question why it was wrong I was here. My friend was surprised. She was scared, she was terrified. She kind of felt unsafe afterwards. She is Spanish and her English is not perfect, but she could sort of understand what the woman was saying. When she got back home, she said: “Are we in trouble?”

“This woman was a very normal-looking woman who you wouldn’t think would abuse you. How many people are the same like that? I’m scared.”

A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman told MailOnline: “We have arrested and charged somebody. She has been charged with assault on a police officer, two counts of racially aggravated assault and two charges of assault. So, five charges altogether. She is due to appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on the 20th February. She was arrested at the A&E department on Saturday evening and she was brought in. She was charged on Sunday night.”

Senate Pardons, Recalls Senator Abdul Ningi For Three Months Suspension
Politics14 hours ago

Senate Pardons, Recalls Senator Abdul Ningi For Three Months Suspension

Actress Fatima Usman Is Dead

Actress Fatima Usman Is Dead

Chelsea Agree 5-Year Deal With Enzo Maresca As New Manager To Replace Mauricio Pochettino

"If A Man Can Spend N20M On Me Weekly, He Can Get In Between My Legs" – Saida Boj [Video]

“If A Man Can Spend N20M On Me Weekly, He Can Get In Between My Legs” – Saida Boj [Video]

"Women Should Bill A Man 24 Hours After He Collects Their Number" – Saida Boj [Video]

“Women Should Bill A Man 24 Hours After He Collects Their Number” – Saida Boj [Video]

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary [Video]

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary [Video]

"To Gain Followers" - Man Reveals Why He Accused E-Money Of Sleeping With Junior Pope’s Wife

“To Gain Followers” – Man Reveals Why He Accused E-Money Of Sleeping With Junior Pope’s Wife

Davido Acquires New Cadillac Escalade SUV Worth Million Of Naira

Davido Acquires New Cadillac Escalade SUV Worth Million Of Naira

Sophia Momodu Tackles Israel DMW For Claiming Davido Sponsored Imade’s Travels

Sophia Momodu Tackles Israel DMW For Claiming Davido Sponsored Imade’s Travels

Woman Confronts Uche Maduagwu, Accuses Him Of Impregnating Her Sister And Avoiding Responsibility [Video]

Nollywood Director Reginald Ebere Is Dead

Nollywood Director Reginald Ebere Is Dead

Children’s Day: President Tinubu Vows To Help Nigerian Children Realise Their Dreams

Kogi Government Reacts To Killing Of Two Kidnapped CUSTECH University Students

Kogi Government Reacts To Killing Of Two Kidnapped CUSTECH University Students

US Actor, Johnny Wactor Shot Dead During Robbery Attack In Los Angeles

US Actor, Johnny Wactor Shot Dead During Robbery Attack In Los Angeles

"Agent Of Darkness, I'm Free From You” – Harrysong Replies Ex-Wife, Alexer Peres

“Agent Of Darkness, I’m Free From You” – Harrysong Replies Ex-Wife, Alexer Peres

Strategies for a profitable gold trading 1
Business2 days ago

Strategies for a profitable gold trading

Harrysong Still Bed Wets, His Mother Had 6 Kids For 6 Different Men - Ex-Wife, Alexer

Harrysong Still Bed Wets, His Mother Had 6 Kids For 6 Different Men – Ex-Wife, Alexer

“I'm Not Happy On This Children’s Day” – Actress Toyin Abraham Addresses Parents

“I’m Not Happy On This Children’s Day” – Actress Toyin Abraham Addresses Parents

Faith Ene Ogwu: The 14-year-old Author Inspiring Young Minds 2
Featured2 days ago

Faith Ene Ogwu: The 14-year-old Author Inspiring Young Minds

Ajayi Crowther University Expels Students Who Beat Colleague To Death Over Phone Theft
Metro2 days ago