President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly approved contracts for the construction and rehabilitation of 15 roads nationwide worth over N182 billion.
This was made known by an aide to the president, Buhari Sallau, on his Instagram handle on Sunday, September 15, 2019.
According to Sallau, the approval for the road projects was made at the maiden edition of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting last weekend. The roads include:
1. Lagos-Badagry express road to Benin Republic, at the cost of N15, 297, 762,234.22
2. The construction of two bridges at Kontagora-Rijau road at the cost of N1.12 billion.
3. Construction of additional lane on Kano-Katsina road, at the cost of N9.4 billion.
4. Construction of Kontagora-Bangi road in Niger state, at the cost of N20.3 billion.
5. Rehabilitation of outer Marina-Bonny Camp road and Eko bridge, at the sum of N9.2 billion.
6. Rehabilitation of Ibori-Idomi western road in Edo state at the cost of N4.5 billion.
7. Construction of Ilogu-Ireni road in Kwara and Osun states, at the sum of N18.41 billion.
8. Construction of Wudil bridge along Kano-Maiduguri road, at the cost of N2.5 billion.
9. Rehabilitation of Wukari-Ibi road in Taraba state, at the sum of N12.3 billion.
10. Construction of Baro Port road in Niger state at the sum of N10.6 billion.
11. Rehabilitation of Ajingi-Kafin Hausa road in Jigawa state at the cost of N25 billion.
12. Rehabilitation of Aba-Owerri road at the cost of N6.98 billion.
13. Rehabilitation of Kaliyari-Damaturu road in Yobe state at a cost of N16.9 billion.
14. Construction of Yaba-Yangoji road in the Federal Capital Territory, N17.3 billion.
15. Rehabilitation of two outstanding sections of Nnnewi-Okigwe road in Imo and Anambra states at the sum of N12.7 billion.