Entertainment

Kanye West Reportedly Quits Secular Music, Says He Will Only Make Gospel Music

Kanye West Reportedly Quits Secular Music, Says He Will Only Make Gospel Music 3

Rap icon Kanye West, after giving his life to Christ, has surprised his fans with an unexpected announcement, and some people are not happy.

The Rap legend said following his newly found faith, he will only make gospel music going forward — no more secular music, according to a Chicago music promoter who was in the room.

West reportedly made the comment on Saturday at a listening party in Chicago for his new album “Jesus is King: A Kanye West Experience.”

Andrew Barber, who owns music media company Fake Shore Drive tweeted after the event: “Kanye also announced that he is no longer making secular music. Only Gospel from here on out.”

The same promoter also tweeted images the art for the film accompanying West’s new album, titled “Jesus is King: A Kanye West Film”.

Kanye West has been delaying the much-anticipated album, but his wife Kim Kardashian West teased the tracklist last week Friday.

During a recent interview on “The View”, Kardashian-West explained that her husband recently started a Sunday service in Chicago, and that the new album was instrumental in West becoming a Christian. She said:

“Kanye started this to really heal himself and it was a really personal thing, and it was just friends and family,” she said earlier this month. “He has had an amazing evolution of being born again and being saved by Christ.”

“[West] has had a really amazing evolution of being born again,” said Kardashian-West, “And being saved by Christ.”

Kardashian-West went on, “People always ask ‘What are you worshiping? What is this?”

“It’s a Christian service, it’s a musical ministry. They talk about Jesus, and God,” she added.

She continued, “It is for God, and it’s a Christian church. It started off healing for him, and now it’s become something that he just really wants to share for everyone else.”

Kanye West also reportedly told Niki Manaj that he is a “born again Christian”:

“Sometimes in the music business, we think that other artists don’t believe in God or are aren’t spiritual as we are, and stuff like that,” she said. “Then when you find people, because I just was with Kanye, and he told me he’s a born-again Christian now. Like my first instinct was, ‘I’m so proud of you,’ because I could see there’s a peace that he has now that just surpasses everything.”