EFCC Probe: AFG Malami Says He’s Ready To Testify Against Magu Before Presidential Panel

The Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), ssid he is ready to testify against the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu before the Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential panel.

EFCC Probe: AFG Malami Says He's Ready To Testify Against Magu Before Presidential Panel 3

Malami stated this during an interview on Arise TV on Wednesday, September 9, 2020, while reacting to a letter by Magu, calling on Salami to summon him, the AGF.

The laughed off the letter written by Magu, saying that he is ready to work closely with the panel if summoned, as he had nothing to hide.

“So, if indeed the Ayo Salami panel invites Abubakar Malami as a person or the AGF in the person of Abubakar Malami for any testimony, for any clarification, for examination or cross-examination for that matter, Abubakar Malami will wholeheartedly, gladly within the spirit and context of the rule of law be there to testify, be there to be cross-examined, be there to be examined within the context of the rule of law.

READ:  Buhari Will Be Removed If He Kill Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu, Others – Apostle Okikijesu

“Our position as a government is to be submissive to the rule of law and the rule of law component of it requires that when we are called upon to clarify issues, when we are called upon to be examined, when we are called upon to be cross-examined, Abubakar Malami will be there and will gladly cooperate with the inquiry institution and that indeed was an attribute of the government that translated to the victory we are seeing today arising from P&ID.

“Abubakar Malami has along the line, within the chain of the arbitral process, submitted to uncountable invitations, responded to uncountable requests for clarification of issues and indeed executed uncountable witness statements for the purpose of putting the record straight and the case of Salami will certainly not be an exception.”

KanyiDaily had reported that Magu is being probed by Justice Ayo Salami-led presidential panel over allegations of corruption, insurbodination and re-looting of recovered funds under his watch as the acting EFCC chairman.

READ:  UNICAL Student Vomits Blood and Dies After Alledgedly Attending A Night Party

Business18 hours ago