Politics

“Take Nigeria Back To Security Level Under Jonathan” – Northern Group Tells Buhari

The Coalition of the Northern Groups (CNG) has slammed President Muhammadu Buhari over the level of insecurity in the country under his administration.

"Take Nigeria Back To Security Level Under Jonathan" - Northern Group Tells Buhari

While featuring on Vanguard Live on Wednesday, the CNG’s Director of Strategic Communications, Ismail Musa asked Buhari to return Nigeria to the era of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan when the country experienced a minimal level of insecurity.

This group also lamented the alarming rate of killings, kidnappings, and general insecurity across the country and berated Buhari over his handling of insecurity in the country.

Musa said, “What we are begging them for now is, you know human life is very important; in fact, it’s very key.

READ:  Supreme Court Affirms Dapo Abiodun's Victory in Ogun

“If you can do something, in fact, if you can take us back to the insecurity you met on board that will be tolerable to a large extent to say well he has taken us back to (former President Goodluck) Jonathan’s standard we are crying about. I mean the killings at that time; the statistics are there to speak for themselves.

“So really as far as I am concerned, it’s unfortunate we have these kinds of people ruling us by this time.”

KanyiDaily recalls that Some weeks ago, some concerned Nigerians staged a protest against rising insecurity in the North and other parts of the country, in Abuja.

READ:  Obaseki Support Deputy Shaibu's Governorship Ambition Amid PDP Unity Talks in Edo

Business18 hours ago